VIDEO: Groundbreaking Indian Clothing Ad Features Lesbian Couple
Myntra, a progressive clothing company in India, has created India’s seemingly first lesbian advertisement for its brand Anouk — and it’s quickly going viral (close to 2 million views). The short film features an Indian lesbian couple preparing for a “meet the parents” moment.
As of 2013, it’s currently illegal to engage in homosexual activity in India. (Read: This is not a honeymoon destination, even if you’re looking for adventure after your nuptials!) This type of bold move promotes thoughtful change, and we’re hopeful that it helps push the boundaries of acceptance so that more people can have the freedom to be who they are and love who they want openly without fear of discrimination, arrest and even death.
What are your thoughts on the video that the company shared on YouTube? We’re in love with the tagline at the end: “Bold is beautiful.” Comment below or Tweet us @equallywed with the hashtag #anoukboldisbeautiful.
Kirsten Ott Palladino
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- 6 ways to show your partner you’re grateful for them
- This couple had a kitten hour at their wedding instead of a cocktail hour
- Former Dallas Cowboy Jeff Rohrer came out and revealed he’s getting married
- Modern rooftop wedding in Kansas City, Missouri
- Artistic, cultural wedding in an art gallery
- Purple greenhouse wedding with goats
- Times Square engagement
- Intimate fall backyard wedding in Brandon, Vermont
- 11 winter wedding looks we love
- 6 reasons you should have a winter wedding