VIDEO: Groundbreaking Indian Clothing Ad Features Lesbian Couple
Myntra, a progressive clothing company in India, has created India’s seemingly first lesbian advertisement for its brand Anouk — and it’s quickly going viral (close to 2 million views). The short film features an Indian lesbian couple preparing for a “meet the parents” moment.
As of 2013, it’s currently illegal to engage in homosexual activity in India. (Read: This is not a honeymoon destination, even if you’re looking for adventure after your nuptials!) This type of bold move promotes thoughtful change, and we’re hopeful that it helps push the boundaries of acceptance so that more people can have the freedom to be who they are and love who they want openly without fear of discrimination, arrest and even death.
What are your thoughts on the video that the company shared on YouTube? We’re in love with the tagline at the end: “Bold is beautiful.” Comment below or Tweet us @equallywed with the hashtag #anoukboldisbeautiful.
Kirsten Ott Palladino
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Fairy themed trans wedding in wine country
- Stunning waterfront photos to celebrate IVF and starting a family
- ABA issues formal opinion that judges can’t refuse same-sex marriages
- I didn’t think Valentine’s Day was for queer couples—now I love celebrating it
- Feminine edgy pink and black wedding inspiration
- Southwestern garden wedding inspiration
- Bank lobby flash mob proposal
- This Republican bill seeks to strip gay marriage rights in Tennessee
- Red and purple African diaspora wedding
- Rustic, elegant wedding in San Rafael, California