Make your event historic!
Cary Hill 1741 is a private estate located in Charles City, Virginia that specializes in intimate weddings, private parties and country retreats and has been lovingly maintained for over 275 years. Our classic 18th century manor house is lovingly decorated with colonial works of art and antiques, providing an environment that honors our history while setting an incredible vintage backdrop for your wedding day. This classic setting is also fused with an eccentric modern vibe, creating an atmosphere that is perfect for any wedding.
Facilities and Capacity
Cary Hill 1741 accommodates up to 125 guests. The venue offers multiple event sites to enhance each element of your wedding day. Please contact us for additional information, and to schedule a no-obligation tour!
Your Cary Hill 1741 experience includes an eclectic range of event sites, amenities and conveniences.
- Cary Hill, the original estate home with 2 restrooms, bridal suite, cocktail parlor, photo hall, 2 caterer’s kitchens, and a rustic dining room with original brick flooring.
- Outdoor ceremony site and sculpture garden.
- A Greek-inspired poolside lounge and entertaining room with 1 restroom, large changing screen, private bar, and an entertainment center with television, sound system, and video game console.
- Private outdoor pool and slated pool deck. Pool is open at Owner’s discretion from mid-May to early September.
- Abundant parking on the property.
- Personalized directional signage placed at numerous points leading from the highway to Cary Hill 1741 on your scheduled event date(s).
- Up to 90 white padded garden chairs.
- Access to Cary Hill 1741 hospitality manager prior to event, and on-site host on the day. Client must provide a day-of or wedding coordinator.
Celebrate with us!
Picture Cary Hill 1741 for your:
- Wedding Ceremony
- Rehearsal Dinner
- Bridal Shower
- Engagement party
Located in Charles City, VA, Cary Hill 1741 is a short drive from the Historic Triangle: Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown.