Make your event historic!
Cary Hill 1741 is an private estate, lovingly maintained for over 275 years, that specializes in intimate weddings, private parties and country retreats. Our classic 18th century manor house was purchased by Kip Kephart in 1958 and he set to work refurbishing and decorating with colonial works of art and antiques, providing an environment that honors our history while setting an incredible backdrop for your wedding day. This classic setting is also fused with an eclectic modern vibe, creating an atmosphere that is perfect for any wedding.
Facilities and Capacity
The venue offers multiple event sites to enhance each element of your wedding day:
- Cary Hill, the original estate home with 2 restrooms, cocktail parlor, photo hall, 2 kitchenettes, and a rustic dining room with original brick flooring
- Several options for Celebrant Green Room Suites
- Outdoor ceremony site and sculpture garden
- A Greek-inspired poolside lounge and entertaining room with 1 restroom, large changing screen, private bar, and an entertainment center with television, sound system, and video game console
- Private outdoor pool and slated pool deck
- Guest cottage with 3 bedrooms (one king, one queen and one with extra long twins), two full bathrooms, well-appointed kitchen, and living room
- Abundant parking with attendants
- 100 white padded garden chairs
- Access to Cary Hill 1741 hospitality manager from your first tour through your big day, and on-site host on the day
Cary Hill 1741 is now under the purview of The Kip Kephart Foundation, established in 1998. The Foundation carries on the tenets of charity and community support held dear by Kip. His love and support of children and animals has become his legacy. Kip funded many local organizations that tried to provide sufficient food, safer environments and necessary clothing for children in need. His 501(c)3 registered Foundation strives to support his passion and vision to this day. https://kephartfoundation.com/
Cary Hill 1741 accommodates up to around 125 guests. Please contact us for additional information, and to schedule a no-obligation tour!
Located in Charles City, VA, Cary Hill 1741 is a short drive from Williamsburg or Richmond.
- You must login to post comments