What’s Your Wedding Hairstyle? We Like These Looks for Our Trans, Androgynous, Queer and Butch Loves
With the majority of wedding magazines focused on femme women, we want to make sure to take the time to talk to our masculine readers, be they cisgender, transgender or somewhere in between on the gender continuum. Today’s topic: hair.
Whether you’re going for the slicked-back sleek look of the 1920s (think Leonardo DiCaprio in The Great Gatsby), a do-wop from the middle of last century (Elvis really did have good hair), something short and cropped or a fade, we’ve rounded up some photos to inspire your wedding hairdo.
John Legend rocks a sexy head full of cropped black curls.
Beck, a trans man, gets a final spritz before his wedding. Photo: Our Labor of Love
Leonardo DiCaprio embodies Jay Gatsby in The Great Gatsby. Photo: Warner Bros.
Jenny Shimizu, a model and actress (and confirmed past lover of Angelina Jolie’s and rumored lover of Madonna’s) kills with this short, slightly shaggy haircut.
Styled, deeply side-parted waves keep this model’s hair looking farm-fresh.
Equally Wed Editors
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Blue and yellow spring wedding at the Lake Country Club
- Fun waterfront engagement photos on the coast of Lake Superior
- The US is denying citizenship to kids of same-sex couples born abroad
- Modern lush greenery wedding in Jacksonville, Florida
- Celebrity wedding planner Colin Cowie’s extravagant South African safari proposal to Danny Peuscovich
- Glitzy pink Glinda the Good Witch wedding inspiration
- 10 wedding traditions to ditch on your big day (and some to keep, too)
- Why Mr. Ratburn’s gay wedding in Arthur is so important for LGBTQ+ kids
- Elegant, woodsy mountain wedding in Boulder, Colorado
- This book celebrates the life stories of butch and masculine queer heroes