What’s Your Wedding Hairstyle? We Like These Looks for Our Trans, Androgynous, Queer and Butch Loves
With the majority of wedding magazines focused on femme women, we want to make sure to take the time to talk to our masculine readers, be they cisgender, transgender or somewhere in between on the gender continuum. Today’s topic: hair.
Whether you’re going for the slicked-back sleek look of the 1920s (think Leonardo DiCaprio in The Great Gatsby), a do-wop from the middle of last century (Elvis really did have good hair), something short and cropped or a fade, we’ve rounded up some photos to inspire your wedding hairdo.
John Legend rocks a sexy head full of cropped black curls.
Beck, a trans man, gets a final spritz before his wedding. Photo: Our Labor of Love
Leonardo DiCaprio embodies Jay Gatsby in The Great Gatsby. Photo: Warner Bros.
Jenny Shimizu, a model and actress (and confirmed past lover of Angelina Jolie’s and rumored lover of Madonna’s) kills with this short, slightly shaggy haircut.
Styled, deeply side-parted waves keep this model’s hair looking farm-fresh.
Equally Wed Editors
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Sunset, books and basketball maternity photos
- Glamorous vintage wedding at The Tides Estate in New Jersey
- Floral bohemian elopement inspiration at Joshua Tree
- Epic spring Garden of the Gods elopement with dog attendants
- Royal and elegant wedding at Crest Hollow Country Club
- Small summer destination wedding in Perth, Western Australia
- United Methodist Church on verge of split over same-sex marriage and LGBTQ+ clergy
- Moody, fun summer backyard wedding in Los Angeles, California
- Intimate sunset beach wedding ceremony in La Jolla, California
- LGBTQ-friendly birthing and doula group forms in D.C.