What’s Your Wedding Hairstyle? We Like These Looks for Our Trans, Androgynous, Queer and Butch Loves
With the majority of wedding magazines focused on femme women, we want to make sure to take the time to talk to our masculine readers, be they cisgender, transgender or somewhere in between on the gender continuum. Today’s topic: hair.
Whether you’re going for the slicked-back sleek look of the 1920s (think Leonardo DiCaprio in The Great Gatsby), a do-wop from the middle of last century (Elvis really did have good hair), something short and cropped or a fade, we’ve rounded up some photos to inspire your wedding hairdo.
John Legend rocks a sexy head full of cropped black curls.
Beck, a trans man, gets a final spritz before his wedding. Photo: Our Labor of Love
Leonardo DiCaprio embodies Jay Gatsby in The Great Gatsby. Photo: Warner Bros.
Jenny Shimizu, a model and actress (and confirmed past lover of Angelina Jolie’s and rumored lover of Madonna’s) kills with this short, slightly shaggy haircut.
Styled, deeply side-parted waves keep this model’s hair looking farm-fresh.
Equally Wed Editors
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding
- Where to propose at Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- How to plan a fall wedding on a budget
- 5 mocktail recipes for your sober wedding guests