Whimsical outdoor wedding in the Pacific Northwest
Whimsical outdoor wedding
For two nature lovers, this wedding was the perfect way for everyone to embrace the outdoors. Transgender groom Kenz and bride Diane tied the knot surrounded by trees, flowers and deer who made an appearance. The day was accented with shades of blue. Diane and Kenz wed in front of a backdrop made of vines and hanging white and blue flowers. Kenz’s groomsmen wore blue ties with their suits, and Diane’s bridesmaids wore blue, knee-length dresses to match. Diane incorporated her something blue into her wedding day with beautiful flats, and added a floral touch by incorporating live flowers into her hairstyle for the day.
Guests were told to pick a seat, not a side, and everyone had a view of Diane walking down the aisle, escorted by her mother. Kenz and Diane celebrated their union and love of nature by planting a tree together in a large pot that perfectly matched the wedding shade of blue. After the ceremony, guests headed indoors to enjoy dinner and dancing. The whimsical nature theme of the day was carried inside, with incredible floral decor on the tables, along with birds nests and berries. The white cake was accented with blue and white flowers, and guests were gifts a piece of nature to take home, each receiving their own succulent.
From the photographer, Kat Patterson: Diane and Kenz wanted to focus on natural elements for their wedding, with lots of flowers, moss and wooden elements. These go perfectly with their chosen venue. For the ceremony, they chose to plant a tree together, to symbolize their growing love and adoration for nature.
Both Diane and Kenz are finishing their PhD’s to be astronomers. The ceremony was filled with delightful and funny whims about their love for the stars. They also tied in beer bottles on the tables as their center pieces, from local breweries in Oregon. For the reception, they provided different succulents for each guest as a wedding favor. The tables were lined with little bird statues in nests.
Photography: One Love Photography
Wedding venue: Silver Creek Falls Lodge and Conference Center
Florist: Golden Pear Flowers
Planner: Autumn with Falling in Love Events
DJ: Family friend
Catering: Silver Creek Falls – vegetarian and regular dinner options
Videographer: Candy Glass Productions
Cake: Roth’s Bakery
Officiant: Jacob Rossman (family friend)
Rental hardware (tents): A to Z Rentals
Decoration Rentals: Danner and Soli
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing