WNBA star Candace Parker reveals she is married and expecting a baby
In a post that shook the Internet on Tuesday, WNBA star Candace Parker announced that she has not only been married to wife Anna Petrakova–a Russian basketball player–for two years, but also that Petrakova is pregnant.
“2 years ago, I got to marry my best friend in front of our close family and friends,” Parker wrote on Instagram. “My heart could have exploded. I cried like a baby….To know me or you is to know our love. This journey hasn’t been easy. I am proud of us and what we have built and who we have grown to become both individually and together.”
Parker then thanked Petrakova for loving her 12-year-old daughter, Lailaa, like her own child.
“Thank you for always loving Lailaa as your own, being my calm, my support, my voice of reason, my laughs, my cuddles, my dance in the rain, my happy, my home… Thanks for constantly challenging me and telling me when I’m wrong. I LOVE YOU. I appreciate you, I value you and what we have.”
Then, Parker revealed the pregnancy–and how she cannot contain her excitement.
“We’ve always dreamed of growing our family….it’s surreal that we now have a baby on the way! Lailaa is pumped to be a big sister! You couldn’t be more beautiful! Glowing, while understanding that I have to constantly love, kiss, and talk to your belly…I can’t wait to embark on this next chapter in life with you!”
View this post on Instagram
The post included several wedding photos as well as pictures featuring Petrakova’s baby bump.
Parker currently plays for the Chicago Sky, who won this year’s WNBA championship. Before joining the Sky this season, Parker played for the Los Angeles Sparks, with whom she also won a WNBA Championship in 2016.
Congratulations to Parker and her growing family!
filed under: LGBTQ+ celebrity wedding, LGBTQ+ celebrity baby, LGBTQ+ wedding, LGBTQ+ love, LGBTQ+ joy, WNBA, Candace Parker, Chicago Sky, Los Angeles Sparks
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts