A light and airy North Carolina hotel wedding with rainbow cake
In the grand ballroom of the historic Hotel Concord in Concord, North Carolina, Laura and Virginia said, “I do.”
It was a rainy day, which called for some flexibility. With the help of Alyssa Frost Photography, the couple did a fully indoor portrait session, including their first look inside the hotel’s beautiful marble lobby. There, Laura also revealed surprise matching necklaces for her and her new spouse to wear for their wedding.
At the ceremony, Laura and Virginia were joined by their adorable dog, and at the reception, they dined on a layered rainbow cake.
When the night came to an end, the couple marched down the street to their Mini Cooper, surrounded by cheering guests waving rainbow flags. They drove off with “Just Married” painted in green on their rear windshield.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Venue: Hotel Concord
Cake: Oh Honey Baking Co
Food: Grate Catering Company
Dance Instructor: First Dance Charlotte LLC
Ring Designer: Malak Jewelers
Invitation Designer: Minted
Hair: Salon 1226
Florist: Southern Blooms Co
Photographer: Alyssa Frost Photography
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Pantone announces its 2023 color of the year
- Emily, Willie and Sarah’s DIY throuple wedding at the Inn on the Russian River in Monte Rio, California
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding