A light and airy North Carolina hotel wedding with rainbow cake
In the grand ballroom of the historic Hotel Concord in Concord, North Carolina, Laura and Virginia said, “I do.”
It was a rainy day, which called for some flexibility. With the help of Alyssa Frost Photography, the couple did a fully indoor portrait session, including their first look inside the hotel’s beautiful marble lobby. There, Laura also revealed surprise matching necklaces for her and her new spouse to wear for their wedding.
At the ceremony, Laura and Virginia were joined by their adorable dog, and at the reception, they dined on a layered rainbow cake.
When the night came to an end, the couple marched down the street to their Mini Cooper, surrounded by cheering guests waving rainbow flags. They drove off with “Just Married” painted in green on their rear windshield.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Venue: Hotel Concord
Attire: David’s Bridal, New York Bride & Groom
Cake: Oh Honey Baking Co
Food: Grate Catering Company
Dance Instructor: First Dance Charlotte LLC
Ring Designer: Malak Jewelers
Invitation Designer: Minted
Hair: Salon 1226
Florist: Southern Blooms Co
Photographer: Alyssa Frost Photography
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding or engagement for editorial consideration.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- 10 lawn games to have at your spring wedding
- A luxe New Year’s Eve New Orleans wedding with fireworks and a second line
- Best cake topper ideas for LGBTQ+ weddings
- A Gatsby-inspired vow renewal at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia
- A classic black-and-white Vermont wedding with rustic accents and a bold floral choice
- 7 lucky Irish wedding traditions
- Your wedding style according to your zodiac sign
- This destination wedding in Riviera Maya, Mexico, featured a rainbow cake and a song from one of the grooms