Actress Molly Bernard marries girlfriend Hannah Lieberman in Brooklyn celebration
Younger actress Molly Bernard, 33, announced Saturday that after a two-year engagement, she and girlfriend Hannah Lieberman are finally married.
“WIVES!” Bernard wrote on Instagram, beneath a photo of the couple walking down a set of stairs surrounded by sunflowers and greenery. She went on to call it a “perfect day” and a “perfect party.”
“WHAT A SURREAL JOY TO BE MARRIED TO MY TREASURE!” she added.
The pair tied the knot at The Boathouse in Brooklyn’s Prospect Park. Bernard wore a dress from Wray NYC, and Lieberman wore a custom suit from Bindle & Keep. Fleurotica Flowers was behind the gorgeous floral display in their Instagram photo.
Bernard played Elsa on Chicago Med, young Shelly on Transparent, and pansexual publicist Lauren on Younger. She told Entertainment Tonight in 2017 that her Younger character helped her become more open about her own sexual identity.
“Her confidence has helped me a lot,” she said. “It helped me in a few different ways: Her confidence helped me with my own kind of nervous and self struggles, but she’s also helped me with my sexual identity. I don’t identify as straight.”
View this post on Instagram
In a guest essay she recently penned for the Hollywood Reporter, Bernard said playing Lauren made her realize she, herself, identifies as pansexual. She then called for “normalized queer representation” on television.
“And by that, I mean that the character’s queerness is not their lead characteristic,” she said. “I want to see more shows like Younger have lead characters who are queer, but who are living a life where who they sleep with is actually not that important. It’s important to them, but it’s not exploited.”
She also called Lieberman the “total love of my life,” and said when they met, she thought, “‘Oh, shit. This is it.”’
View this post on Instagram
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Stunning private beach elopement in Moorea
- Joyous park engagement session in Washington with canine cameos
- State Dept. should allow embassies to advocate for marriage equality, Democrats say
- How to pick the perfect proposal spot
- Bright and joyful wedding at a Los Angeles automobile museum
- Sunny South Carolina elopement surrounded by greenery
- Elegant micro wedding ideas with live music and chic blue cake
- Lance Bass & Michael Turchin can’t stop gushing about their newborn twins
- Oklahoma elopement in the Wichita Mountains with enchanting all-black attire
- Creative LGBTQ+ wedding ideas for your clients
- This couple transformed their home into a fabulous wedding venue
- Botswana court of appeals hears case on decriminalization of homosexuality
- Cozy at home proposal with coffee and kisses
- Cardi B surprise officiated a lesbian wedding with help from Raven Symoné
- Keep an eye out for these 2022 wedding trends
- September garden wedding at a 15th century Italian villa
- Lesbian brides accidentally wore the same dress and the first look photos are priceless
- Glowing sunset wedding in Glacier National Park
- Dreamy greenhouse engagement session in New Jersey
- How to choose a wedding hairstyle