Bright and bold mid-century modern wedding ideas
The pandemic has caused a challenging few years for weddings and relationships. For this styled shoot, Melody of Winner Circle Events wanted to show optimism that there are “Sunnier Days Ahead.”
Featuring a real-life married LGBTQ+ couple and filled with bright colors, the shoot instantly evokes feelings of happiness and cheer. Bold and modern, the decor was inspired by the mid-century architecture of Palm Springs, California.
The couple, Midori and Jameela, met when Jameela was a guest on Midori’s podcast. The pair instantly clicked, even exchanging Instagram handles live on the podcast. While Midori focused on completing her masters at USC, Jameela brought her food and flowers, and did what she could to support her through her studies. They continued to bond as they met one another’s family members, and after two years of dating, they were married.
Together, the couple battled pandemic challenges and unsupportive family members, knowing that there would be “Sunnier Days Ahead,” and that getting married was all that mattered in the end.
“Our advice to other couples is to do what makes YOU and your PARTNER happy,” they say. “Remember to treasure this moment for all that it is, stressful to joyful, enjoy this journey and remember why you wanted to get married in the first place. Above all, remember that on your special day it is just about the 2 of you and try not to sweat the small stuff. It’s the moment for both of you, live in that moment because it will go by fast.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Planner: Winner Circle Events
Photographer: Ashley LaPrade Photography
Videographer: Venture Outbound
Florals: Los Angeles Floral Couture
Rentals: Bright Event Rentals
Linens and chargers: BBJ Linens
Stationery and Bar Sign: Texture and Tequila
Bar / Signature Drinks: JM event Planing Production
Die Cut Sign and Stirrers: Delovely Details
Cake: CocoaBerry Cake Co
Paleta / Ice Cream Cart: Cali Party Rentals
Venue: The Lautner Compound
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to plan a fall wedding on a budget
- 5 mocktail recipes for your sober wedding guests
- 2023 LGBTQ+ wedding trends to watch for
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot