After 20 years, two grooms celebrate with whimsical winery wedding
Andy and Jeff’s whimsical winery wedding was 20 years in the making.
Andy and Jeff had a spiral wedding ceremony setup outdoors, which was intimate and allowed their guests to encircle them. It began with their officiant (their uncle) dancing into the spiral and then telling everyone to take out their phones to take a selfie with the person next to them ( and then put their phone away).
I forgot to mention that Andy and jeff have a theatre background, so of course, this added to the ceremony quite a bit—they had guests stand up and recite poems, or sayings; some funny, some sweet, some thoughtful.
The aerialists were the highlight of the evening. Andy and Jeff wanted their guests to be thoroughly entertained. When they came out for their first dance, where they had changed into fancy sequined suit jackets.
SEARCH FOR LGBTQ+ FRIENDLY WEDDING VENDORS
Photographer: Stephanie Hopkins Photography
Event Planner: Off the Beaten Path Weddings
Reception Venue: Charles Krug Winery
Aerialists: Barn Faerie Productions/Wine Country Aerials
Floral Designer: Off the Beaten Path Weddings
Band: Keri Campbell Music
DJ: DJ RyanO
Linens: Encore Events Rentals
Caterer: Off the Beaten Path Weddings
Alaina Leary Lavoie
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to celebrate International Transgender Day of Visibility
- A winter wedding in Orlando, Florida, celebrating two brides and their son with a spiritual ceremony and vegan cake
- Lizzo and YITTY launch a gender-neutral shapewear line
- This destination elopement in Central Park featured couture velvet suit jackets and Star Wars cufflinks
- In celebration and memory of LGBTQ+ icon Paul O’Grady
- From a New York first date to a New Orleans fall LGBTQ+ wedding with a second line and Polaroid guest book
- Yes, you should schedule an engagement photoshoot!
- These grooms walked down the aisle together with their dog in their outdoor Savannah, Georgia, LGBTQ+ wedding