Outdoor DIY fall wedding at the Solarium in Decatur, Georgia
Lucy and Jessica met online and went out on a first date. They immediately knew they were a perfect match and began building a relationship. Lucy surprised Jessica with a proposal at her work Christmas party and even got Jessica’s boss in on the surprise.
Jessica says of Lucy, “I call her Babes Dean (think gay lady James Dean because she rides a motorcycle just like his). Lucy is the person I always wanted to meet and fall in love with. She is genuine and incredibly passionate about helping others and building a world that is just and kind. When I think of what a partner should be, she is everything and more.”
Lucy says, “Jessica is my brilliant Amazonian feminist social justice scientist academic warrior. I think of people who say, ‘He/she knows me better than I know myself,’ but with Jessica, it’s more like I finally get to know myself and be the person I had never been brave enough to be. I was immediately attracted to her ambition, but it’s her heart that’s kept me around. Jessica tries to be the stone-cold academic to those who don’t know her, but she’s a complete softy. She is my best friend.”
Their wedding day was a collaborative effort between their friends and family; rather than a pro wedding planner, friends stepped up to plan and coordinate. Jessica and her mother did all the flowers themselves. The wedding was full of DIY elements, all of which they were so proud of. The table numbers which were not numbered sequentially, but with numbers that were important in their relationship. Lucy’s wedding band was also custom made to represent their foundation beginning in Atlanta.
Photographer: Jennifer Marie Studios
Venue: The Solarium
Tuxedo: Men’s Warehouse
Dress: Anya Bridal
Specialty Foods: Revolution Doughnuts
Wedding Party Dresses: Azazie
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Meagan + Kristyn: an Austin, Texas, luxury outdoor wedding
- Torie + Alyssa: An intimate, bohemian and rustic wedding
- Uly + Ernesto: a monochrome winter engagement session at California sand dunes
- The Equally Wed LGBTQ+ wedding anniversary gift list
- Cozy in-cabin engagement photos in Manitoba, Canada
- Modern winter resort engagement photos in Scottsdale, Arizona
- Rainbow, flowers and sequins rooftop wedding in Washington, D.C.
- Colorful, whimsical wedding inspiration in Atlanta, Georgia
- Coronavirus wedding planning: advice on postponing and canceling
- Romantic winter beach wedding in Barcelona, Spain