Beauty and the Beast-inspired castle wedding
Elijah and Ben tied the knot in a Tennessee castle modeled after a Scottish hunting lodge. The venue overlooks a river and is filled with greenery and outdoor statues to decorate the property. Indoors, the couple’s ceremony was filled with light streaming through the large windows.
Ben walked down the aisle alongside his father, and Elijah alongside his best friend. Each marrier showed off their own style, with Ben in a geometric print long tie with matching pocket square and Elijah wore a plaid bow tie with accompanying pocket square. Their officiant wore a sari and presided over the ceremony barefoot. The bridesmaids and groomsmaids wore metallic hues in the form of gold dresses or vests.
During the ceremony, Elijah got down on one knee, proposal-style, to slide on Ben’s ring. The two exchanged vows under a structure decorated with floral arrangements and candelabras.
“Our officiant blessed our marriage with gold glitter and sage,” reminisced the newlyweds. “Directly following the ceremony, we headed to the front of the castle for a lantern ceremony to represent the friends and family who are no longer with us. At the end of the day, we were sent off with falling rose petals.”
The couple’s gorgeous wedding featured many DIY elements. Music filled the venue from what the couple refers to as the “iPhone DJ.” The self created playlist kept guests going and having a good time. Ben and Elijah were their own caterers for the day, serving a home-cooked meal.
The wedding party headed to the castle’s library, a nod at the literary theme of “Beauty and the Beast,” for a book photo shoot. This was not the only film that had elements incorporated throughout the day. The newlyweds also posed with chairs decorated with crests from the houses of “Harry Potter.”
“This wedding was nothing short of a fairy tale, literally, Ben and Elijah wanted their wedding day to represent their very own fairy tale love and their love for traditional fairy tales and all things whimsical (the live-action Beauty & the Beast was the main inspiration!)” shared the couple’s photographer, Tyler. “What better way to do that then getting married in a real life castle?”
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal