Beauty and the Beast-inspired castle wedding
Elijah and Ben tied the knot in a Tennessee castle modeled after a Scottish hunting lodge. The venue overlooks a river and is filled with greenery and outdoor statues to decorate the property. Indoors, the couple’s ceremony was filled with light streaming through the large windows.
Ben walked down the aisle alongside his father, and Elijah alongside his best friend. Each marrier showed off their own style, with Ben in a geometric print long tie with matching pocket square and Elijah wore a plaid bow tie with accompanying pocket square. Their officiant wore a sari and presided over the ceremony barefoot. The bridesmaids and groomsmaids wore metallic hues in the form of gold dresses or vests.
During the ceremony, Elijah got down on one knee, proposal-style, to slide on Ben’s ring. The two exchanged vows under a structure decorated with floral arrangements and candelabras.
“Our officiant blessed our marriage with gold glitter and sage,” reminisced the newlyweds. “Directly following the ceremony, we headed to the front of the castle for a lantern ceremony to represent the friends and family who are no longer with us. At the end of the day, we were sent off with falling rose petals.”
The couple’s gorgeous wedding featured many DIY elements. Music filled the venue from what the couple refers to as the “iPhone DJ.” The self created playlist kept guests going and having a good time. Ben and Elijah were their own caterers for the day, serving a home-cooked meal.
The wedding party headed to the castle’s library, a nod at the literary theme of “Beauty and the Beast,” for a book photo shoot. This was not the only film that had elements incorporated throughout the day. The newlyweds also posed with chairs decorated with crests from the houses of “Harry Potter.”
“This wedding was nothing short of a fairy tale, literally, Ben and Elijah wanted their wedding day to represent their very own fairy tale love and their love for traditional fairy tales and all things whimsical (the live-action Beauty & the Beast was the main inspiration!)” shared the couple’s photographer, Tyler. “What better way to do that then getting married in a real life castle?”
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing