Jason and D’Juan’s Harlem Renaissance wedding featured bold shades of blue and smiles all around. The couple spent the day laughing with loved ones, beginning with everyone getting ready together. D’Juan and Jason celebrated the day with their family, five groomsmen and five groomsmaids at their side. They did their hair and makeup, shared snacks and drinks and prepared for the big day.
The ceremony took place outdoors among the flowers. White chairs adorned with blue ribbon to match D’Juan and Jason’s attire lined the aisle for the couple to walk down. During the ceremony, Jason and D’Juan celebrated their nuptials with a wine unity ceremony as well as jumping the broom.
“We wanted to ensure that our guests had a night to remember surround by love, compassion, and support for not only us, but the LGBT community abroad,” the couple shared.
In addition to individual favors, a donation was made to the Human Rights Campaign in honor of the newlyweds’ friends and family. At the end of the night, D’Juan and Jason left in style through a sparkler exit created by the guests.
Photographer: Six Hearts Photography
Wedding venue: Glendalough Manor
Florist: Blueberry Spring Florist
DJ: DJ Cuttlefish
Invitations: Sandi Spells Designs
Tuxedos and attendant attire: Savvi Formalwear
Cake: Cutie Pies and Cakery
Hair: Strandz Studios by Aria Sims
Barber: Got U Lookin’ Good Barbershop by Tory Parker
Makeup: SoChevon by Dominque Doyle
Shoes: Stacy Adams, Brayden Collection
Photo booth: Robot Booth
Bridal Shop: Bridals by Lori
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal