Jason and D’Juan’s Harlem Renaissance wedding featured bold shades of blue and smiles all around. The couple spent the day laughing with loved ones, beginning with everyone getting ready together. D’Juan and Jason celebrated the day with their family, five groomsmen and five groomsmaids at their side. They did their hair and makeup, shared snacks and drinks and prepared for the big day.
The ceremony took place outdoors among the flowers. White chairs adorned with blue ribbon to match D’Juan and Jason’s attire lined the aisle for the couple to walk down. During the ceremony, Jason and D’Juan celebrated their nuptials with a wine unity ceremony as well as jumping the broom.
“We wanted to ensure that our guests had a night to remember surround by love, compassion, and support for not only us, but the LGBT community abroad,” the couple shared.
In addition to individual favors, a donation was made to the Human Rights Campaign in honor of the newlyweds’ friends and family. At the end of the night, D’Juan and Jason left in style through a sparkler exit created by the guests.
Photographer: Six Hearts Photography
Wedding venue: Glendalough Manor
Florist: Blueberry Spring Florist
DJ: DJ Cuttlefish
Invitations: Sandi Spells Designs
Tuxedos and attendant attire: Savvi Formalwear
Cake: Cutie Pies and Cakery
Hair: Strandz Studios by Aria Sims
Barber: Got U Lookin’ Good Barbershop by Tory Parker
Makeup: SoChevon by Dominque Doyle
Shoes: Stacy Adams, Brayden Collection
Photo booth: Robot Booth
Bridal Shop: Bridals by Lori
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing