6 pros and cons to consider when choosing to have a wedding party
Do we need to have a wedding party? There are pros and cons to having a wedding party, so read on to decide if you want to forgo this tradition or not.
How this feminist event is creating a more inclusive wedding industry
The Rebelution Resurge is an event with a huge focus on the importance of representation and LGBTQ+ inclusivity in the world of weddings.
How to handle questions from family about the wedding
After you announce that you’re engaged, questions—and expectations—start to follow. Maybe they’re mainly from your family of origin or maybe your friends and chosen family are starting to exhaust you with all their follow-ups. If you need help navigating all the questions you’re getting, here’s where to start.
9 questions you and your partner should ask after getting engaged
You and your partner just got engaged! Now you’re not sure if you should start wedding planning right away or what you even want. The planning process is different for everyone, but there are some important things you should discuss first to make sure you’re on the same page.
Here’s why I don’t want Trump supporters at my wedding
The personal is political, and that’s even truer for me under the Trump administration. As much as it hurts to say this, I don’t want the Trump supporters in my family to come to my wedding.
6 wedding planning apps to try that are LGBTQ-friendly
Wedding planning can be stressful, but if you’re tech-savvy, constantly on-the-go, or just hate paper planners, these apps can help you and your partner get through the process successfully. Some of these apps are gender-neutral while others do include gendered language and some heteronormative elements.
What it’s like planning a wedding after your mom dies
Just as I wanted to look for her jean jacket and signature bangs in the stands on my graduation day, I tear up when I think about the fact that she won’t be in my wedding photos.
Why I’m coming out to all my wedding vendors
My partner and I are just beginning the wedding planning process, and I’m going to get more comfortable telling people I’ve just met that we’re engaged. After all, I don’t want anyone involved in my wedding who isn’t proud to support the LGBTQ+ community and be part of a queer wedding.
Our wedding registry with Bed Bath & Beyond
Equally Wed founders Kirsten and Maria Palladino recently partnered with Bed Bath & Beyond to pick out their registry favorites. Here’s what they chose and what you can expect for your experience.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Romantic engagement photos at Milwaukee Central Public Library
- This surprise flash mob dance party proposal will move you to tears
- Pantone reveals classic blue as its 2020 Color of the Year
- The Knot, Pinterest and Zola will stop promoting plantation weddings
- TikTok is limiting the reach of LGBTQ+, disabled and fat people’s videos
- My husband and I honeymooned in South Africa. Here’s why we loved it
- Tropical blue and green beach wedding in St. Petersburg, Florida
- 6 real weddings that will get you in a cozy mood for the holidays
- How we organized our wedding party from across the country
- How my family lives a minimalist lifestyle so we can travel