Puppy love: feel-good photos of dogs who stole the show at LGBTQ+ weddings
Marley Madding, 1 month ago 2 min read
Nothing brings the cute factor to a wedding quite like a dog. It’s become increasingly common to see dogs making an appearance at their pawrents’ weddings, whether through participating in the ceremony or being the inspiration for the signature drink. From fluffy ring bearers to four-legged flower attendants, get inspired with these photos from some of our favorite LGBTQ+ weddings where the fur babies stole the show!
An entirely dog-friendly wedding at the University of Georgia
These two pups wore flower wreaths as the ring bearers at their moms’ wedding
Brodie accompanied his humans down the aisle in a matching suit
Golden hour and golden doodles at a mountain elopement
This retriever wore a flower harness for her parents’ intimate Tribeca wedding
This dapper boy kept his parents company at their glamorous Hollywood wedding
A Boston fall wedding with two adorable puppy ring bearers
Dog attendants at an epic elopement ceremony
A backyard wedding with the marriers’ dogs in attendance
The Dog of Honor wore a custom bone collar tag
Find more inspiration and ideas on how to include your dogs in your wedding here.
Featured image by Eliza Bell Photography
Marley Madding (she/her) is a Senior Editor at Equally Wed. She holds a B.A. in English Writing from Rider University, and her work has been featured in Dance Spirit Magazine, The Dangling Modifier, Intermission: A Documentary (Official Selection of IndieFEST Film Awards 2020; Global Shorts 2021 Pick), and more.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Brides Beanie Feldstein and Bonnie-Chance Roberts marry in an outdoor ‘Jew-ish’ wedding
- These lesbian brides met on Tinder and married in a destination elopement at a beach club in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Overwhelming majority of straight Americans back LGBTQ+ rights, new GLAAD survey finds
- Celebrating LGBTQ+ love with a colorful Pride elopement photo shoot featuring rainbows, glitter and custom cocktails
- Broadway stars Ben Platt and Noah Galvin are engaged (again!)