Beverly Hills Glam Wedding with Taylor Dayne Singing and a Drag Queen Officiating
Salvatore + Gerard
“We have been together for seven years, so being able to get married in front of our families and friends meant the world to us, since for the longest time we couldn’t marry. We planned our special event together and decided on Mr. C Hotel in Beverly Hills, because the 12th floor Banquet Room has a 360-degree panoramic view of Los Angeles looking toward the Hollywood Hills and the lights of Downtown. We had many guests from around the states and the world, and we knew they’d love and appreciate this. We were officially married by a justice of the peace at Beverly Hills City Hall, but wanted to recreate our actual ceremony for our friends and family, at Mr. C.
We asked our friend Ingenue, the illustrious L.A. nightclub hostess and emcee, to officiate, and we asked our nieces — one on each side of our families — to be our flower girls. In our wedding vows, we talked about how we met and fell in love. The only glitch in our day was when one of us — we won’t name names! — couldn’t tie his bow tie and freaked out. It was important for us to pamper our guests not only with excellent food, but with top-rate entertainment. So, we brought in 1980s Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter Taylor Dayne to perform (her hits include “Tell It To My Heart” and “Love Will Lead You Back”), and she definitely stole the show and gave everyone something to remember forever; I know she did that for us.”
Kirsten Ott Palladino
Kirsten Ott Palladino is an award-winning editor, writer, speaker and educator, as well as the author of the first gender-neutral wedding planning book for LGBTQ+ couples, EQUALLY WED: THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO PLANNING YOUR LGBTQ+ WEDDING (Seal Press). She’s the co-founder and editorial director of Equally Wed, the world’s leading digital LGBTQ+ wedding magazine, as well as Equally Wed Pro, the LGBTQ+ inclusive certification course and educational platform. Palladino has been profiled on CNN, NPR and Forbes and in The New York Times. Her work has appeared in Washington Post, Entrepreneur magazine, ARTNews magazine, Art & Antiques magazine, The Knot, Executive Traveler magazine, the Huffington Post, and more. She was recognized as one of Glamour magazine's Hometown Heroes for 2015.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor