Beverly Hills Glam Wedding with Taylor Dayne Singing and a Drag Queen Officiating
Salvatore + Gerard
“We have been together for seven years, so being able to get married in front of our families and friends meant the world to us, since for the longest time we couldn’t marry. We planned our special event together and decided on Mr. C Hotel in Beverly Hills, because the 12th floor Banquet Room has a 360-degree panoramic view of Los Angeles looking toward the Hollywood Hills and the lights of Downtown. We had many guests from around the states and the world, and we knew they’d love and appreciate this. We were officially married by a justice of the peace at Beverly Hills City Hall, but wanted to recreate our actual ceremony for our friends and family, at Mr. C.
We asked our friend Ingenue, the illustrious L.A. nightclub hostess and emcee, to officiate, and we asked our nieces — one on each side of our families — to be our flower girls. In our wedding vows, we talked about how we met and fell in love. The only glitch in our day was when one of us — we won’t name names! — couldn’t tie his bow tie and freaked out. It was important for us to pamper our guests not only with excellent food, but with top-rate entertainment. So, we brought in 1980s Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter Taylor Dayne to perform (her hits include “Tell It To My Heart” and “Love Will Lead You Back”), and she definitely stole the show and gave everyone something to remember forever; I know she did that for us.”
Kirsten Ott Palladino is an award-winning editor and writer, as well as the author of the wedding planning book for LGBTQ couples, EQUALLY WED (Seal Press/Hachette Book Group, May 2017). She’s the co-founder and editorial director of Equally Wed, the world’s leading digital LGBTQ wedding magazine, as well as Equally Wed Pro, the LGBTQ+ inclusive certification course and educational platform. Palladino has been profiled on CNN and Forbes and in The New York Times. Her work has appeared in Entrepreneur magazine, ARTNews magazine, Art & Antiques magazine, The Knot, Executive Traveler magazine, the Huffington Post, and more. She was recognized as one of Glamour magazine's Hometown Heroes for 2015. Palladino has an open door communications policy on Twitter at @kirstenop and Facebook at fb.com/kirstenpalladino.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
Listen to Kirsten & Maria, Equally Wed founders, on the The Wedding Biz podcast.
- American Psychological Association says singular ‘they’ now the standard for scholarly writing
- Roxane Gay and Debbie Millman are officially engaged
- Black gothic wedding with skulls, swords and magic
- This mom’s wedding speech will make you cry in the best way
- Community was at the heart of this floral summer wedding
- Romantic engagement photos on the beach in Kauai, Hawaii
- Rustic orange and yellow autumn wedding in Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Home anniversary photos to celebrate one year of marriage
- Wild child Southwest wedding at Rimrock Ranch in Pioneertown, California
- Why you should absolutely do a post-wedding photo shoot