Beverly Hills Glam Wedding with Taylor Dayne Singing and a Drag Queen Officiating
Salvatore + Gerard
“We have been together for seven years, so being able to get married in front of our families and friends meant the world to us, since for the longest time we couldn’t marry. We planned our special event together and decided on Mr. C Hotel in Beverly Hills, because the 12th floor Banquet Room has a 360-degree panoramic view of Los Angeles looking toward the Hollywood Hills and the lights of Downtown. We had many guests from around the states and the world, and we knew they’d love and appreciate this. We were officially married by a justice of the peace at Beverly Hills City Hall, but wanted to recreate our actual ceremony for our friends and family, at Mr. C.
We asked our friend Ingenue, the illustrious L.A. nightclub hostess and emcee, to officiate, and we asked our nieces — one on each side of our families — to be our flower girls. In our wedding vows, we talked about how we met and fell in love. The only glitch in our day was when one of us — we won’t name names! — couldn’t tie his bow tie and freaked out. It was important for us to pamper our guests not only with excellent food, but with top-rate entertainment. So, we brought in 1980s Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter Taylor Dayne to perform (her hits include “Tell It To My Heart” and “Love Will Lead You Back”), and she definitely stole the show and gave everyone something to remember forever; I know she did that for us.”
Kirsten Ott Palladino is an award-winning editor and writer, as well as the author of the wedding planning book for LGBTQ couples, EQUALLY WED (Seal Press/Hachette Book Group, May 2017). She’s the co-founder and editorial director of Equally Wed, the world’s leading digital LGBTQ wedding magazine, as well as Equally Wed Pro, the LGBTQ+ inclusive certification course and educational platform. Palladino has been profiled on CNN and Forbes and in The New York Times. Her work has appeared in Entrepreneur magazine, ARTNews magazine, Art & Antiques magazine, The Knot, Executive Traveler magazine, the Huffington Post, and more. She was recognized as one of Glamour magazine's Hometown Heroes for 2015. Palladino has an open door communications policy on Twitter at @kirstenop and Facebook at fb.com/kirstenpalladino.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
Listen to Kirsten & Maria, Equally Wed founders, on the The Wedding Biz podcast.
- Tennessee joins trend of states passing anti-LGBTQ+ adoption laws
- You’re married now, should you celebrate your old anniversary?
- Beach destination wedding and honeymoon in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Sunset, books and basketball maternity photos
- Glamorous vintage wedding at The Tides Estate in New Jersey
- Floral bohemian elopement inspiration at Joshua Tree
- Epic spring Garden of the Gods elopement with dog attendants
- Royal and elegant wedding at Crest Hollow Country Club
- Small summer destination wedding in Perth, Western Australia
- United Methodist Church on verge of split over same-sex marriage and LGBTQ+ clergy