Black and yellow wedding with cultural traditions
Daquan and Jamar tied the knot wearing navy blue suits and vests, making them standout from the otherwise black and yellow wedding theme of the day. To incorporate the color scheme into their outfit, the two wore yellow corsages with black ribbon that was pinned to their label with two large pins.
Jamar and Daquan each walked down the aisle escorted by their moms. The aisle was lined with one chair on each side that had a shimmery black chair cover, which matched the décor of the wedding reception. At the end of the aisle was a small black table, where the newlyweds took part in their unity in sand ceremony.
“Our main goal was to mix some traditional aspects all while incorporating ourselves and our culture,” shared the couple. “We had traditional moments, but we also made sure that our wedding was a celebration of our union.”
After the ceremony, everyone sat down in the reception hall, decorated in black and yellow. Each table was decorated with a shimmering black table cloth to match the chair covers from the reception. Centerpieces were bright yellow floral arrangements that matched the couple’s corsages, and each place setting had one yellow flower set out for each guest to take.
Guests enjoyed a brunch menu meal before digging into the five layer wedding cake, which was all black, with each layer having a different pattern on it, and decorated with yellow flowers at the top and bottom.
Photographer: Ken Maurice Studios
Wedding venue: Arts Ballroom
Wedding planner: D’Concierge Wedding Planning
DJ: DJ Tryfe
Invitation designer: Oda Creative
Jewelry: Mark Yurman
Cake: Desserts by Dana
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Reports: Supreme Court appeared divided over protections for LGBTQ employees
- Black tie wedding at the Blanton Museum in Austin, Texas
- With Brie Larson’s help, a man proposed to his boyfriend at Comic Con
- This romantic sunset proposal at OUE Skyspace has a beautiful backstory
- Vintage travel-inspired fall wedding in Iowa City, Iowa
- Teal and orange fall wedding inspiration in Lake Mary, Florida
- This scavenger hunt at Gas Works Park ends with a proposal
- Moody fall photos turned surprise proposal in San Antonio, Texas
- This couples’ portrait session turned into the sweetest surprise proposal
- What our editors are reading & loving on October 9, 2019