Black and yellow wedding with cultural traditions
Daquan and Jamar tied the knot wearing navy blue suits and vests, making them standout from the otherwise black and yellow wedding theme of the day. To incorporate the color scheme into their outfit, the two wore yellow corsages with black ribbon that was pinned to their label with two large pins.
Jamar and Daquan each walked down the aisle escorted by their moms. The aisle was lined with one chair on each side that had a shimmery black chair cover, which matched the décor of the wedding reception. At the end of the aisle was a small black table, where the newlyweds took part in their unity in sand ceremony.
“Our main goal was to mix some traditional aspects all while incorporating ourselves and our culture,” shared the couple. “We had traditional moments, but we also made sure that our wedding was a celebration of our union.”
After the ceremony, everyone sat down in the reception hall, decorated in black and yellow. Each table was decorated with a shimmering black table cloth to match the chair covers from the reception. Centerpieces were bright yellow floral arrangements that matched the couple’s corsages, and each place setting had one yellow flower set out for each guest to take.
Guests enjoyed a brunch menu meal before digging into the five layer wedding cake, which was all black, with each layer having a different pattern on it, and decorated with yellow flowers at the top and bottom.
Photographer: Ken Maurice Studios
Wedding venue: Arts Ballroom
Wedding planner: D’Concierge Wedding Planning
DJ: DJ Tryfe
Invitation designer: Oda Creative
Jewelry: Mark Yurman
Cake: Desserts by Dana
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Here’s how we decided to get married in Provincetown, Massachusetts
- Colorful, whimsical spring backyard wedding in Austin, Texas
- Rustic, moody farm wedding inspiration in Purcellville, Virginia
- Beach honeymoon photos in Bora Bora
- Why we chose an anonymous sperm donor to start a family
- Northern Ireland politician reverses stance on same-sex marriage after daughter marries woman
- 8 literary favors for your bookish or library themed wedding
- Colorful whimsical vintage wedding inspiration in Chattanooga, Tennessee
- A historic vote could legalize same-sex marriage in Northern Ireland
- Intimate spring beach elopement in Naples, Florida