Bohemian hipster elopement inspiration at Voodoo Doughnut
“When I was looking around at wedding blogs and wedding magazines I kept seeing the same styles over and over. Nothing was unique or different. I wanted to create something unique, fun and real! I had just shot Taylor and Vinnie’s proposal in Seattle and knew they would be the perfect couple for this styled elopement. They live in downtown Portland and are so in love it’s contagious.
When I thought of Portland the first place that came to mind was Voodoo Doughnut. I knew I had to incorporate them somehow. I’d done research and found out you can legally get married in any of their shops and when you elope they provide special wedding doughnuts. I thought, “How cool, to get married in Voodoo and who doesn’t love doughnuts?”
I wanted the color scheme to be pinks, teal, rose gold and cream. I wanted it to be a mixture of urban with a touch of bohemian ( my personal style is very boho). I had Taylor and Vinnie each email me what they are most looking forward to being married to each other and I had it put in their vow books for them to read to each other at the session. So the ceremony part of the session was real emotion.
Taylor and Vinnie will be getting married for real October 20, 2020, and I am so excited to have been chosen to photograph their real wedding.” —from the photographer, Marissa Yuhas
Photographer: Marissa Yuhas of M.N.Y Photography
Venue & Doughnuts: Voodoo Doughnut
Florals: Eden Major
Stationery: Marissa Yuhas
Alaina Leary Lavoie
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor