For their October wedding, Texas couple Britney and Amber eloped among the breathtaking scenery of Iceland.
“Amber and I wanted our wedding to be about us and our love for one another,” Britney says, “That’s why we decided to elope in Iceland. With the help of Pink Iceland, our wedding was absolutely perfect.”
Their biggest advice to other engaged couples: “Communication is key. Listen to what your partner has to say.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Attire: Suit from Express; Skirt and top from Etsy
Videographer: Kaco Films
Officiant Company: Inga the Wedding Celebrant
Planner: Haffi, Pink Iceland
Photographer: Kristín María
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding, engagement or family story for editorial consideration.
Molly Sprayregen was previously an associate editor for Equally Wed. She is also a freelance journalist covering a range of LGBTQ+ issues, from politics to healthcare to business. In addition to her work for Equally Wed, she profiles LGBTQ+ politicians for LGBTQ Nation, as well as LGBTQ+ women in business for Forbes.com. She is also a book reviewer for the Associated Press. Molly has also had work published in Them, Out Magazine, Huffington Post, the Associated Press, and more.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- These lesbian brides met on Tinder and married in a destination elopement at a beach club in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Overwhelming majority of straight Americans back LGBTQ+ rights, new GLAAD survey finds
- Celebrating LGBTQ+ love with a colorful Pride elopement photo shoot featuring rainbows, glitter and custom cocktails
- Broadway stars Ben Platt and Noah Galvin are engaged (again!)
- This gay couple had a fall wedding on a farm with a choreographed first dance, Chinese double happiness symbols and a s’mores campfire