Breathtaking Sedona elopement surrounded by close friends and family
Kristelle + Melissa
Orientation: Lesbian; Lesbian
Pronouns: She/Her; She/Her
Wedding Location: Sedona, Arizona
Couple’s Home: Saint Petersburg, Florida
Kristelle and Melissa’s romantic engagement in Paris led to an equally epic elopement in Sedona, Arizona.
Along with 17 of their loved ones, the couple hiked up to Sedona’s Bell Rock and said “I do” surrounded by stunning views.
“We knew we wanted an adventure for our wedding, and we wanted an intimate romantic day,” they said. “It was four days filled with lots of laughs, happy tears, relaxing in the red rocks and ALL THE LOVE.”
The ceremony included Melissa serenading Kristelle, as well as a smoke cleansing ceremony performed by the couple’s friend and officiant. It was all about love and spirituality.
“Love is the one thing we’re capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space,” the officiant said. “As you stand here today among the energies of the universe, realize that you are preparing to celebrate one of life’s greatest gifts, the depths of which you have only begun to explore.”
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
It’s your day! Make it yours. Go with your heart!
Advice for vendors and venues working with LGBTQ+ couples?
Treat us like you would a heterosexual couple. A wedding is a wedding!
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
Well… Covid. Enough said? Our planning went with our vibe, laid back.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
No we didn’t, but on our honeymoon in Costa Rica we were very well accepted.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer/Videographer: Jessica and Nick Photo + Film
Florist: The Floral Theory
Jewelry: Moon Magic
Caterer: Chef Lisa Dahl
Favors: Letters and Paiges, Etsy
Officiant: Mermaid Tasha
filed under: LGBTQ+ elopement, LGBTQ+ wedding, LGBTQ+ engagement, LGBTQ+ love
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Joyful intimate wedding outside Chicago with geometric arch and outfit change
- 5 epic LGBTQ+ wedding photos we are just so thankful exist
- Romantic Malibu engagement session by the beach
- Outdoor New Jersey wedding filled with love and sunflowers
- Bright and cheery sixties-inspired wedding ideas
- Breathtaking Sedona elopement surrounded by close friends and family
- Inclusivity in the wedding industry: faux allies, transphobia and performative actions
- Stunning and joyful elopement at Colorado’s Garden of the Gods
- “Same Love” singer Mary Lambert is engaged
- Autumn engagement session at the base of Nevada’s Mt. Charleston
- WNBA legend Renee Montgomery reveals she and music artist Sirena Grace got married
- Two stars of Amazon’s lesbian reality show, Tampa Baes, are engaged
- Rustic and modern October wedding in a Mississippi barn
- Intimate and enchanting wedding at a Pittsburgh flower garden
- Epic surprise proposal during a styled shoot on the shores of Mallorca
- LGBTQ+ people in Spain now have access to IVF treatment to build their families
- Four reasons LGBTQ+ couples should consider a Charleston honeymoon
- California engagement session surrounded by sparkling trees
- Kristen Stewart and Dylan Meyer are engaged!
- How Frank Darling can help LGBTQ+ couples design the perfect custom rings