Breathtaking Sedona elopement surrounded by close friends and family
Kristelle + Melissa
Orientation: Lesbian; Lesbian
Pronouns: She/Her; She/Her
Wedding Location: Sedona, Arizona
Couple’s Home: Saint Petersburg, Florida
Kristelle and Melissa’s romantic engagement in Paris led to an equally epic elopement in Sedona, Arizona.
Along with 17 of their loved ones, the couple hiked up to Sedona’s Bell Rock and said “I do” surrounded by stunning views.
“We knew we wanted an adventure for our wedding, and we wanted an intimate romantic day,” they said. “It was four days filled with lots of laughs, happy tears, relaxing in the red rocks and ALL THE LOVE.”
The ceremony included Melissa serenading Kristelle, as well as a smoke cleansing ceremony performed by the couple’s friend and officiant. It was all about love and spirituality.
“Love is the one thing we’re capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space,” the officiant said. “As you stand here today among the energies of the universe, realize that you are preparing to celebrate one of life’s greatest gifts, the depths of which you have only begun to explore.”
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
It’s your day! Make it yours. Go with your heart!
Advice for vendors and venues working with LGBTQ+ couples?
Treat us like you would a heterosexual couple. A wedding is a wedding!
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
Well… Covid. Enough said? Our planning went with our vibe, laid back.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
No we didn’t, but on our honeymoon in Costa Rica we were very well accepted.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer/Videographer: Jessica and Nick Photo + Film
Florist: The Floral Theory
Jewelry: Moon Magic
Caterer: Chef Lisa Dahl
Favors: Letters and Paiges, Etsy
Officiant: Mermaid Tasha
filed under: LGBTQ+ elopement, LGBTQ+ wedding, LGBTQ+ engagement, LGBTQ+ love
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Pantone announces its 2023 color of the year
- Emily, Willie and Sarah’s DIY throuple wedding at the Inn on the Russian River in Monte Rio, California
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding