Champagne Cocktail Dreams
Turn it up! Your glass, I mean. Whether it’s your engagement, your wedding day or New Year’s Eve, there’s always something to celebrate with a little (or a lot of) bubbly. Here’s an assortment of champagne cocktails that make us feel all fizzy inside.
Featured Cocktail: Blood Orange & Pomegranate Champagne Cocktails
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed blood orange juice (from about 1 medium blood orange)
- 1 teaspoon sugar per glass (optional)
- 2 cups champagne
- Additional blood orange slices + pomegranate arils for garnish
Set out 4 champagne flutes – if they’re chilled, all the better! Divide juices between each glass (about 1 tablespoon of each type of juice per glass). Add sugar, if using, and stir until dissolved. Fill the cups almost to the top with Prosecco or champagne. Pour slowly – there will be fizz! Drop in a few pomegranate arils and top with an orange slice. Serve.
Recipe and above photo / KitchenTreaty.com
Place a sugar cube in a chilled champagne flute, shake in 2 or 3 dashes of bitters (Angostura or Peychaud’s), fill the glass with brut champagne, and squeeze a lemon twist on top.
Mix thoroughly with cracked ice in a chilled cocktail shaker, then pour unstrained into Collins glass. Fill with champagne. (Try Puerto Rican rum.)
Fill champagne flute 2/3 full of fresh-squeezed orange juice and top up with brut champagne.
Pour a healthy splash of cognac (or any brandy) and Grand Marnier into a chilled champagne flute and fill to the top with Brut Champagne for a slightly stronger, yet still civilized cocktail.
Kirsten Ott Palladino
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
Follow Equally Wed on Instagram!
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing
- Reclaiming Asian pride: a San Diego private prenuptial tea-and-cocktail celebration
- Anthony + Paul: boho-lux Portugal destination wedding
- Lakesha + Nikia: Decatur, Ga. outdoor wedding during the coronavirus
- David + Andrew: Midwestern Pride Wedding Giveaway winners marry
- Romantic Vancouver elopement inspiration
- David + Anthony: Natural, earthy and warm Milwaukee, Wisconsin, wedding
- Jenny + Robin: a record-breaking cruise ship wedding vow renewal
- Meagan + Kristyn: an Austin, Texas, luxury outdoor wedding