Charlotte and Clare had an intimate wedding in Bristol
It all started with a tweet. Charlotte and Clare first met on Twitter, where they struck up a conversation about the popular television show, The L Word. A couple of weeks later, Clare flew the 437 miles from Dundee, Scotland to Bristol, England to meet Charlotte for the first time. Two years later, almost to the day, they had a Civil Partnership at Hotel du Vin in Bristol, having got engaged at Heathrow Airport, whilst casually drinking champagne and eating smoked salmon. The bespoke dresses were brilliantly designed and made for the girls by local designer, Gilly Woo and the flowers were supplied and arranged at the venue by The Wilde Bunch, ensuring that both the venue and brides looked stunning. The girls opted to walk down the aisle together, to the sound of “You Send Me” by Arethra Franklin (as well as audible gasps from their guests as they took that first step into the room!).
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- 6 truths I’ve learned in 10 years of dating my high school sweetheart
- Everything I lost when I started dating my best friend
- Joy-filled engagement photos in Oyster Bay, New York
- LGBTQ+ honeymoon spotlight: Cape Town, South Africa
- Open marriage, transitioning and play parties: one couple’s story of their thriving poly love life
- You’ll want to a be a guest at this couple’s Beauty and the Beast inspired wedding
- Asking for money as a wedding gift: OK or no way?
- Romantic hillside winery wedding
- Why this wedding shop is getting praise for its wheelchair window display
- These women planned surprise proposals for each other on the same day