Colorful wedding inspiration with funky rainbow backdrop and bold orange suit
“I stumbled upon this incredible sunflower lace dress on Poshmark and instantly knew I needed to snatch it up for a shoot (it has since been donated to a bride who wanted it for her real life wedding)!” writes photographer Alyssa Lentz. “My vision for the shoot was to pack it full of color, queerness, and tender moments for this sweet couple – and Lexi + Sarah certainly delivered.”
Lentz styled this entire shoot alone, including cutting and painting the backdrop.
“I tied together the leftover flowers with drapey ribbon into an oversized bouquet for Lexi, and set Sarah up with a thrifted orange suit (which magically fit her like a glove) to go with her yellow Doc Martens (the queerest of footwear).”
“Their chemistry together made this shoot even dreamier; they would giggle at their own inside jokes and cheer each other on from the sidelines as they modeled separately. They posed in three different set-ups meant to mimic an intimate elopement – a ceremony backdrop, comfy lounge, and a little dinner table, all complete with vintage wicker + wood accents.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: A. Lentz Photography
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights