Colorful wedding inspiration with funky rainbow backdrop and bold orange suit
“I stumbled upon this incredible sunflower lace dress on Poshmark and instantly knew I needed to snatch it up for a shoot (it has since been donated to a bride who wanted it for her real life wedding)!” writes photographer Alyssa Lentz. “My vision for the shoot was to pack it full of color, queerness, and tender moments for this sweet couple – and Lexi + Sarah certainly delivered.”
Lentz styled this entire shoot alone, including cutting and painting the backdrop.
“I tied together the leftover flowers with drapey ribbon into an oversized bouquet for Lexi, and set Sarah up with a thrifted orange suit (which magically fit her like a glove) to go with her yellow Doc Martens (the queerest of footwear).”
“Their chemistry together made this shoot even dreamier; they would giggle at their own inside jokes and cheer each other on from the sidelines as they modeled separately. They posed in three different set-ups meant to mimic an intimate elopement – a ceremony backdrop, comfy lounge, and a little dinner table, all complete with vintage wicker + wood accents.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: A. Lentz Photography
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding, engagement or family story for editorial consideration.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Brides Beanie Feldstein and Bonnie-Chance Roberts marry in an outdoor ‘Jew-ish’ wedding
- These lesbian brides met on Tinder and married in a destination elopement at a beach club in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Overwhelming majority of straight Americans back LGBTQ+ rights, new GLAAD survey finds
- Celebrating LGBTQ+ love with a colorful Pride elopement photo shoot featuring rainbows, glitter and custom cocktails
- Broadway stars Ben Platt and Noah Galvin are engaged (again!)