Couple goes viral after little boy realizes ‘two princesses’ can get married
Newlywed couple Bea Webster-Mockett and her wife Emma have gone viral after sharing a photo from their wedding day. Bea shared the photo on Valentine’s Day as a way to honor their two-year dating anniversary.
Bea and Emma got married in Glasgow, Scotland, on November 10, 2018. They came across a little boy and his mother while they were taking pictures with their wedding photographer, Kirsty McLachlin, at the Glasgow Botanical Gardens.
The boy shouted, “Look at those princesses!”
When Bea and Emma walked over to him, he asked if one of them had gotten married and they explained that they got married to each other.
“Two princesses then?” the little boy asked, to which his mom explained, “Yes, two princesses can marry each other!”
Wee boy: LOOK AT THOSE PRINCESSES!
Boy’s mum: He thinks you both look like princesses
Wee boy: Did one of you get married?
Emma: We married each other!
Wee boy: 😲 Two princesses then?
Boy’s mum: Yes, two princesses can marry each other!
Wee boy: 😲🤯🤩
Happy 2 years my love ❤️ pic.twitter.com/LbuFdBV1HT
— Bea Webster (@bea_p_webster) February 14, 2019
“I nearly cried!” Emma told HuffPost. “My wife was just over the moon. And we were both delighted that the boy’s mother didn’t hesitate and just stepped right in and normalized same-sex marriage. It was something we will never forget. And it made our day a bit more magical.”
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- This surprise proposal Las Vegas style will make you happy cry
- 9 themed weddings you’ll love, from Beauty and the Beast to astronomy
- There will be a presidential primary debate entirely on LGBTQ+ issues
- Elegant southern church wedding in Conroe, Texas
- If you want to look like royalty on your wedding day, wear a crown
- 6 places you can get tomboy and genderqueer wedding attire
- These wedding capes are the best way to be extra when you get married
- Classic purple vintage wedding in Towson, Maryland
- U.S. soccer stars Ali Krieger and Ashlyn Harris are now engaged
- Modern intimate destination wedding with Hawaiian traditions