Couple goes viral after little boy realizes ‘two princesses’ can get married
Newlywed couple Bea Webster-Mockett and her wife Emma have gone viral after sharing a photo from their wedding day. Bea shared the photo on Valentine’s Day as a way to honor their two-year dating anniversary.
Bea and Emma got married in Glasgow, Scotland, on November 10, 2018. They came across a little boy and his mother while they were taking pictures with their wedding photographer, Kirsty McLachlin, at the Glasgow Botanical Gardens.
The boy shouted, “Look at those princesses!”
When Bea and Emma walked over to him, he asked if one of them had gotten married and they explained that they got married to each other.
“Two princesses then?” the little boy asked, to which his mom explained, “Yes, two princesses can marry each other!”
Wee boy: LOOK AT THOSE PRINCESSES!
Boy’s mum: He thinks you both look like princesses
Wee boy: Did one of you get married?
Emma: We married each other!
Wee boy: 😲 Two princesses then?
Boy’s mum: Yes, two princesses can marry each other!
Wee boy: 😲🤯🤩
Happy 2 years my love ❤️ pic.twitter.com/LbuFdBV1HT
— Bea Webster (@bea_p_webster) February 14, 2019
“I nearly cried!” Emma told HuffPost. “My wife was just over the moon. And we were both delighted that the boy’s mother didn’t hesitate and just stepped right in and normalized same-sex marriage. It was something we will never forget. And it made our day a bit more magical.”
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Outdoor DIY fall wedding at the Solarium in Decatur, Georgia
- After 20 years, two grooms celebrate with whimsical winery wedding
- 4 things you can do if you can’t go on a honeymoon right after the wedding
- Allure Bridals introduces Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Collection
- Why Naples is a great place for LGBTQ+ weddings and honeymoons
- Inclusivity is a wedding priority reveals The Knot’s Real Weddings Study
- Carefree bohemian beach wedding in Pensacola, Florida
- Nautical summer beach wedding with Seinfeld theme
- Waterfront brewery elopement at The Piermont in Babylon, New York
- Whimsical, rustic waterfront wedding in San Diego, California