Couple goes viral after little boy realizes ‘two princesses’ can get married
Newlywed couple Bea Webster-Mockett and her wife Emma have gone viral after sharing a photo from their wedding day. Bea shared the photo on Valentine’s Day as a way to honor their two-year dating anniversary.
Bea and Emma got married in Glasgow, Scotland, on November 10, 2018. They came across a little boy and his mother while they were taking pictures with their wedding photographer, Kirsty McLachlin, at the Glasgow Botanical Gardens.
The boy shouted, “Look at those princesses!”
When Bea and Emma walked over to him, he asked if one of them had gotten married and they explained that they got married to each other.
“Two princesses then?” the little boy asked, to which his mom explained, “Yes, two princesses can marry each other!”
Wee boy: LOOK AT THOSE PRINCESSES!
Boy’s mum: He thinks you both look like princesses
Wee boy: Did one of you get married?
Emma: We married each other!
Wee boy: 😲 Two princesses then?
Boy’s mum: Yes, two princesses can marry each other!
Wee boy: 😲🤯🤩
Happy 2 years my love ❤️ pic.twitter.com/LbuFdBV1HT
— Bea Webster (@bea_p_webster) February 14, 2019
“I nearly cried!” Emma told HuffPost. “My wife was just over the moon. And we were both delighted that the boy’s mother didn’t hesitate and just stepped right in and normalized same-sex marriage. It was something we will never forget. And it made our day a bit more magical.”
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Elizabeth Warren wants to give same-sex couples $57 million tax refunds
- Why our double proposal is a celebration of LGBTQ+ pride
- How our lives changed when we became gay parents with kids
- Summer luxe wedding inspiration at Summerour Studio in Atlanta
- Clarence Thomas says marriage equality ruling should be overturned
- A homophobic bride refused to hire a gay makeup artist for her wedding
- Having a wedding ring means I have to come out again and again
- I was insecure about not wanting a traditional wedding—until now
- Sunset engagement photos in Palm Springs, California
- Engagement photos in San Diego and Los Angeles, California