Having a Dance Floor? Offer Wedding Guests Shots
Think shots are just for frat parties? Yeah, right! Think of all your die-hard dancing friends, dedicated to dancing the night away. They need something cold to drink and they don’t want to stop the party, and you don’t want them to either. Hands are moving fast on the dance floor, they don’t have time to keep up with a drink, much less anywhere to put it. Make way for the server with a tray full of cold refreshing shots to keep the party going!
Oh, and one more thing! For this night only, have your caterer leave out the cilantro, mint and anything else that could sour your guests’ confidence, pictures and chances of finding their own love matches.
Here are some splashy, colorful ideas we love.
Sex on the beach pomegranate shot | Photo: Tim Halberg, Santa Barbara Chic
This clever display of shot glasses was from a rustic Montana wedding themed around a chemistry lover’s obsession | Every Last Detail
Mini margaritas with mini taco chasers? Yes, please!
Photo: Cassandre Snyder
Margarita popsicles by Emeril Lagasse (Courtesy of Food Network)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
2 tablespoons tequila
2 tablespoons orange liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier)
Kosher salt, for garnish
Special Equipment: 4 small cups (recommended: Dixie), 4 popsicle sticks
Combine sugar, lime juice, water, lemon juice and orange juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Once cool transfer to a blender with tequila, orange liqueur, and lime wedge and process until smooth. Pour into the cups and cover the top of each cup with foil. Place the popsicle stick in center of cup (down through foil, which will hold it in place). Freeze until hard, preferably overnight. Remove from freezer and run cup under warm water to loosen popsicle. Garnish with kosher salt and serve.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Sunset, books and basketball maternity photos
- Glamorous vintage wedding at The Tides Estate in New Jersey
- Floral bohemian elopement inspiration at Joshua Tree
- Epic spring Garden of the Gods elopement with dog attendants
- Royal and elegant wedding at Crest Hollow Country Club
- Small summer destination wedding in Perth, Western Australia
- United Methodist Church on verge of split over same-sex marriage and LGBTQ+ clergy
- Moody, fun summer backyard wedding in Los Angeles, California
- Intimate sunset beach wedding ceremony in La Jolla, California
- LGBTQ-friendly birthing and doula group forms in D.C.