Having a Dance Floor? Offer Wedding Guests Shots
Think shots are just for frat parties? Yeah, right! Think of all your die-hard dancing friends, dedicated to dancing the night away. They need something cold to drink and they don’t want to stop the party, and you don’t want them to either. Hands are moving fast on the dance floor, they don’t have time to keep up with a drink, much less anywhere to put it. Make way for the server with a tray full of cold refreshing shots to keep the party going!
Oh, and one more thing! For this night only, have your caterer leave out the cilantro, mint and anything else that could sour your guests’ confidence, pictures and chances of finding their own love matches.
Here are some splashy, colorful ideas we love.
Sex on the beach pomegranate shot | Photo: Tim Halberg, Santa Barbara Chic
This clever display of shot glasses was from a rustic Montana wedding themed around a chemistry lover’s obsession | Every Last Detail
Mini margaritas with mini taco chasers? Yes, please!
Photo: Cassandre Snyder
Margarita popsicles by Emeril Lagasse (Courtesy of Food Network)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
2 tablespoons tequila
2 tablespoons orange liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier)
Kosher salt, for garnish
Special Equipment: 4 small cups (recommended: Dixie), 4 popsicle sticks
Combine sugar, lime juice, water, lemon juice and orange juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Once cool transfer to a blender with tequila, orange liqueur, and lime wedge and process until smooth. Pour into the cups and cover the top of each cup with foil. Place the popsicle stick in center of cup (down through foil, which will hold it in place). Freeze until hard, preferably overnight. Remove from freezer and run cup under warm water to loosen popsicle. Garnish with kosher salt and serve.
Kirsten Ott Palladino
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing