9 summer wedding mistakes to avoid
Summer weddings are here and with them come an explosion of heat, rain and those pesky mosquitoes. Are you the lucky couple with a summer wedding? Are you the company hosting a summer shindig? Follow these tips to avoid summer wedding mistakes and enhance your guest experience.
Indoor restaurant wedding in Williamsburg, Brooklyn
This restaurant wedding in Williamsburg, Brooklyn was a small, intimate gathering with personalized vows and a post-wedding photo shoot.
When Your Partner Does Not Understand Your Mental Health Issues
How to navigate mental health matters in marriage
Altar-Bound at Last: Legal Considerations for Engaged Same-Sex Couples
As wonderful a day as that was, in fact, true marriage equality still does not exist in spite of the landmark Obergefell decision. While the right to marriage is equal, the benefits of marriage are still skewed when many state and federal laws grant certain benefits based on a length of marriage calculation.
Having a Dance Floor? Offer Wedding Guests Shots
Think shots are just for frat parties? Yeah, right! Think of all your die-hard dancing friends, dedicated to dancing the night away. They need something cold to drink … fast!
Joining Together Should Not Break You Apart: The Art of Staying Sane When Planning a Wedding
Isn’t your marriage more important than the wedding? Now would be a fantastic time to keep a firm hold on perspective. Make sure that appreciation of…
Our Families Don’t Know We’re Queer or Our Gender Identification and We’re Getting Married
As we approach our engagement party where our families will meet our partner for the first time, as well as each other, we are feeling…
Who Walks Down the Aisle and Who Waits at the Altar in a Lesbian Wedding?
Who walks down the aisle, who waits at the altar, does it matter if you’re in a suit or a dress? What’s correct for our…
Judge Won’t Officiate Our Wedding—Should We Call it Off?
We were excited about coming to New York to get married until the judge said he would not perform the ceremony because his Catholic priest…
Should Unsupportive Relatives Be Invited To My Daughter’s Lesbian Wedding?
Q I’m so glad I found you! My daughter and her wonderful perfect girlfriend just got engaged! We adore our soon-to-be daughter-in-law and our whole extended…
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Summer luxe wedding inspiration at Summerour Studio in Atlanta
- Clarence Thomas says marriage equality ruling should be overturned
- A homophobic bride refused to hire a gay makeup artist for her wedding
- Having a wedding ring means I have to come out again and again
- I was insecure about not wanting a traditional wedding—until now
- Sunset engagement photos in Palm Springs, California
- Engagement photos in San Diego and Los Angeles, California
- Don’t make these 5 mistakes when choosing a sperm bank
- Alabama mayor suggests killing LGBTQ+ people and other LGBTQ+ news
- A ‘Straight Pride’ parade is planned and people are very upset