Disney star Garrett Clayton married longtime partner Blake Knight in a garden party wedding
After changing their wedding date twice due to Covid-19, Disney Channel star Garrett Clayton finally married his longtime partner, screenwriter Blake Knight, in a garden party-themed wedding right out of a Disney fairytale.
Wearing custom Zegna suits, the couple tied the knot at a private Disney property that contained a Snow White-inspired wishing well, which Clayton and Knight adorned with flowers. In keeping with the garden party theme, the couple focused on big displays of colorful florals.
The pair opened up to People about this dream wedding, which was also officiated by Clueless star Alicia Silverstone.
“We’ve been trying to get married for a long time,” said Clayton, who is known for his role in Disney’s Teen Beach Movie and who has been with Knight since 2011. “So we’re just excited.”
In January 2019, Clayton posted on Instagram that the couple had already been engaged for a year. Knight proposed to Clayton in Iceland. “I’ll never forget your face in that moment when you got down on one knee,” Clayton wrote. “Love, nervous, and excited (Obv, I was going to say yes) all rolled into the love of my life. Everyday with you is filled with joy and laughter. (even when we get heated every night over who has to get out of bed to turn off the hall light).”
When he spoke with People, Clayton also remembered the challenge of having to hide the relationship early in his acting career.
“I was told to be in the closet professionally and no one even knew we were together yet,” Clayton said. “I was told enough times, ‘If you come out, you won’t be able to audition for 80 percent of roles that you’d be seen for if you just stay in the closet.’ It’s definitely been a journey.”
They feel fortunate to be more open about their love for one another today. For the wedding, their focus was on making as much fun as possible for their 160 guests. The post-ceremony celebration included lawn games and signature cocktails.
After the wedding, Clayton wrote to Knight on Instagram: “Marrying you was everything I hoped it would be.”
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Pantone announces its 2023 color of the year
- Emily, Willie and Sarah’s DIY throuple wedding at the Inn on the Russian River in Monte Rio, California
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding