Disney star Garrett Clayton married longtime partner Blake Knight in a garden party wedding
After changing their wedding date twice due to Covid-19, Disney Channel star Garrett Clayton finally married his longtime partner, screenwriter Blake Knight, in a garden party-themed wedding right out of a Disney fairytale.
Wearing custom Zegna suits, the couple tied the knot at a private Disney property that contained a Snow White-inspired wishing well, which Clayton and Knight adorned with flowers. In keeping with the garden party theme, the couple focused on big displays of colorful florals.
The pair opened up to People about this dream wedding, which was also officiated by Clueless star Alicia Silverstone.
“We’ve been trying to get married for a long time,” said Clayton, who is known for his role in Disney’s Teen Beach Movie and who has been with Knight since 2011. “So we’re just excited.”
In January 2019, Clayton posted on Instagram that the couple had already been engaged for a year. Knight proposed to Clayton in Iceland. “I’ll never forget your face in that moment when you got down on one knee,” Clayton wrote. “Love, nervous, and excited (Obv, I was going to say yes) all rolled into the love of my life. Everyday with you is filled with joy and laughter. (even when we get heated every night over who has to get out of bed to turn off the hall light).”
When he spoke with People, Clayton also remembered the challenge of having to hide the relationship early in his acting career.
“I was told to be in the closet professionally and no one even knew we were together yet,” Clayton said. “I was told enough times, ‘If you come out, you won’t be able to audition for 80 percent of roles that you’d be seen for if you just stay in the closet.’ It’s definitely been a journey.”
They feel fortunate to be more open about their love for one another today. For the wedding, their focus was on making as much fun as possible for their 160 guests. The post-ceremony celebration included lawn games and signature cocktails.
After the wedding, Clayton wrote to Knight on Instagram: “Marrying you was everything I hoped it would be.”
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Stunning adventure elopement at Oregon’s Mt. Hood
- Youtuber Cammie Scott proposes to girlfriend in epic ode to 10 Things I Hate About You
- 5 of our favorite LGBTQ celebrity engagements of 2021
- Romantic Zoom wedding eight years in the making
- Seaside South Carolina proposal on horseback
- Joyful intimate wedding outside Chicago with geometric arch and outfit change
- 5 epic LGBTQ+ wedding photos we are just so thankful exist
- Romantic Malibu engagement session by the beach
- Outdoor New Jersey wedding filled with love and sunflowers
- Bright and cheery sixties-inspired wedding ideas
- Breathtaking Sedona elopement surrounded by close friends and family
- Inclusivity in the wedding industry: faux allies, transphobia and performative actions
- Stunning and joyful elopement at Colorado’s Garden of the Gods
- “Same Love” singer Mary Lambert is engaged
- Autumn engagement session at the base of Nevada’s Mt. Charleston
- WNBA legend Renee Montgomery reveals she and music artist Sirena Grace got married
- Two stars of Amazon’s lesbian reality show, Tampa Baes, are engaged
- Rustic and modern October wedding in a Mississippi barn
- Intimate and enchanting wedding at a Pittsburgh flower garden
- Epic surprise proposal during a styled shoot on the shores of Mallorca