Emotional surprise elopement in Venice
After years had passed since Texas couple Larry and Gil got engaged, Larry and the pair’s best friend, Katie, decided it was time to make this wedding happen.
While they were all on a trip to Venice, Italy together, Larry and Katie decided to surprise Gil with an elopement.
Gil thought he was on his way to a party when Larry turned around and asked if he still wanted to get married. Of course, Gil still did.
“The excitement and emotion were just incredible!” said photographer Selene Pozzer of ManiSol Wedding Photography and Videography.
A gondola ride led the group to the ceremony venue, a small town square anchored by a Venetian well draped in pink and yellow flowers. A guitarist and singer also awaited the couple.
During the ceremony, a group of boats nearby were celebrating a baptism. The wedding party was nervous the people in the boats might shout something discriminatory about a gay wedding. But instead, something magical happened.
Just after Larry and Gil shared their first kiss as husband and husband, the people in the boats began to sing the Italian song, “Ti Amo [I love you]” by Umberto Tozzi.
“Needless to say, we were all crying a lot!” Pozzer said.
The couple celebrated with stunning photos around the city and dinner at a beautiful restaurant.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: ManiSol Wedding Photography and Videography.
Florist: Pretty Flowers
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL