Epic private beach elopement in French Polynesia
Adventurous couple Christy and CaSandra got engaged in Maui and then eloped on a private beach in Moorea, French Polynesia.
In an idyllic way start to the wedding day, the couple was picked up by a boat from their beachside villa and driven to the private island. The only guest was CaSandra’s 25-year-old-daughter. Later, they enjoyed a reception with family and friends in Atlanta, Georgia.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Enjoy every moment when you’re planning your wedding! The time goes by so fast and it’s such a fun and exciting time. Sort of like waiting to have a baby! Also, make sure that your vendors, especially your wedding planner, have experience working with same-sex couples. You want someone to help you through the process and who is comfortable asking the right questions to ensure your wedding is perfect.
What advice do you have for vendors and venues working with LGBTQ+ couples?
Don’t be weird. We spoke to a couple of vendors in the Atlanta area when planning our reception and they just seemed awkward or maybe they were hesitant to accommodate us. Gay and lesbian couples are no different than our straight couples and there is no need to be weird or awkward if you truly want our business. The only thing that perhaps makes us a tad bit different is whether or not we are out to our families and wedding planning could be a very sensitive, emotional time. However, treat us like any other couple planning their wedding. After all, love is love. And so is money 🙂
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
None really. We had a lot of paperwork to fill out to have a legal wedding in French Polynesia, but no more than a heterosexual couple. I think the most difficult was planning what to wear!
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
No, although at one point a few people in a boat came close to the shore and watched a part of our ceremony. We were a little nervous because we weren’t sure if they were going to say or yell anything. Thankfully, they applauded and congratulated us so it was perfect!
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer and Videographer: Olivera Photography
U.S. Reception Venue: 595 North Event Center
Planner: Nelly Grange, Wed Otahiti
Attire for Partner 1: LuLus
Attire for Partner 2: Poshmark
Caterer for U.S. Reception: 595 North Event Center
Officiant Company: Nelly Grange, Wed Otahiti
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Stunning adventure elopement at Oregon’s Mt. Hood
- Youtuber Cammie Scott proposes to girlfriend in epic ode to 10 Things I Hate About You
- 5 of our favorite LGBTQ celebrity engagements of 2021
- Romantic Zoom wedding eight years in the making
- Seaside South Carolina proposal on horseback
- Joyful intimate wedding outside Chicago with geometric arch and outfit change
- 5 epic LGBTQ+ wedding photos we are just so thankful exist
- Romantic Malibu engagement session by the beach
- Outdoor New Jersey wedding filled with love and sunflowers
- Bright and cheery sixties-inspired wedding ideas
- Breathtaking Sedona elopement surrounded by close friends and family
- Inclusivity in the wedding industry: faux allies, transphobia and performative actions
- Stunning and joyful elopement at Colorado’s Garden of the Gods
- “Same Love” singer Mary Lambert is engaged
- Autumn engagement session at the base of Nevada’s Mt. Charleston
- WNBA legend Renee Montgomery reveals she and music artist Sirena Grace got married
- Two stars of Amazon’s lesbian reality show, Tampa Baes, are engaged
- Rustic and modern October wedding in a Mississippi barn
- Intimate and enchanting wedding at a Pittsburgh flower garden
- Epic surprise proposal during a styled shoot on the shores of Mallorca