Fall colors were popping at this rustic winery wedding
Jeff and Craig got married the day before Thanksgiving in what they describe as a “romantic and rustic wedding at a Bay Area winery and century-old barrel room.”
“The fall flavors and colors were popping!” they added.
They each walked down two parallel aisles at the same time, Jeff with his sister and matron of honor and Craig with his mom.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Find the right venue that matches your personality and look. Try and see what the venue already has as far as in-house decor and supplies, and try to do as little of the decorating yourself as possible. That’s what florists and planners are for, use them! Enjoy your engagement, don’t over work yourself!
What advice do you have for vendors and venues working with LGBTQ+ couples?
The phrase “bridal party” was thrown around a lot. It didn’t bother me a whole bunch and my now husband didn’t catch it and most people don’t mean anything by it, but try and be mindful of it when there’s no bride and refer to everyone as a “wedding party.”
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
Jeff being a wedding planner helped tremendously as you can imagine. Jeff’s parents weren’t on board with the wedding and weren’t going to attend, and therefore, weren’t going to help pay. It’s an added layer of stress, for sure. Jeff’s mom did end up coming to the wedding. That was a nice surprise.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
Just lots of love from our close friends and coworkers.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Dana Todd Photography
Venue: Murrieta’s Well
Florist: The Flower House
Planner: Danae Daviess
Attire: The Black Tux
Caterer: Wente Vineyards
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL
- Why Taha’a could be your dream honeymoon destination
- Boho garden wedding inspiration at Haiku I Do, Asheville
- Magical Moorea enchants for LGBTQ+ couples