We selected an old friend to be our officiant who designed a beautiful wedding for us. We wrote our own vows. We themed our wedding Fire & Ice as Trey is very cool, collected, stable and “icy.” I, Drew, on the other hand, am fiery, emotional, and intense. The theme of the wedding was fire and ice, although I would have to say there was no ice. This was the most warm, heartfelt, and authentic wedding I could imagine.
Our tuxes were the same, but different, with each of us having our vests and bow ties match our “color.” I was red and Trey was ice blue. We had custom converse made for our New Year’s Eve party that matched our vests. We were both walked down the aisle by both our parents, one on each arm.
We served good food, which we love, including lobster and venison loin. We had a photo booth with a photo book rather than a sign in book, so people could leave notes with their photos (and they got a copy too). There was Face Painting for the kids. We had a winter wedding because we met snowboarding, in fact we got married a couple blocks from where we met. We had an early reception at the Country Club (where we also held the ceremony) and then a New Year’s Eve party in the old rat pack suite at the top of Harrah’s.
We had two separate bachelor parties, that ended up at the same place accidentally. It was fate. Trey walked up behind me and started kissing my neck and I got very upset that someone was doing that to me until I realized it was him. Someone got a picture of us right as I realized it was him and I had a huge smile on my face.
Photographer: CMYK Photography
Wedding venue: Edgewood Tahoe
Florist: Flowers by Terri
DJ: Reno Premier DJ Services (Kristin Case)
Invitations: Paper Fling
Attire: Men’s Wearhouse: Calvin Klein Tuxedos, Red Apple Vest/Bowtie, and Ice Blue Vest/Bowtie
Jewelry: Triton Jewelry (purchased from Fred Meyer Jewelry)
Videographer: Fish Eye Films
Catering: Edgewood at Tahoe
Cake: Cakes by Grace
Officiant: Jenna Buan
Photo Booth: Heidi Figueroa – Biggest Little Photo Booth
Face Painting: Fantasy Face Painting Reno
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights