Fun engagement photos at Three Lives & Co. bookstore
“It took me ages to convince Sara to come and take my indoor cycling class, as she was terrified. I promised her a drink after class to sweeten the deal. One drink led to another and another and another. A perfect New York City night that neither of us wanted to end. A bit of touching and loads of flirting but nothing happened that night.
As the night was finally winding down, we were walking to the subway and I stopped her in front of my most favorite spot in all of NYC. It’s a tiny little bookshop in Greenwich Village on a tucked-away corner that looks like a movie set. It was that moment that I wanted to kiss her. But I didn’t. Chickened out. However, that was a significant shift. A moment I will never forget. We lovingly refer to this endless evening as “Best Night Ever” because it changed our lives. I did finally make a move the next week…it went well.
Fast forward nearly three years: Lovingly obsessed with each other, I came to pick her up from work and we’d planned to stroll to the village to revisit one of our favorite dive bars. Without her realizing it, I re-traced our steps from that night bringing us right to that same bookshop. Not a single soul was out that night on that corner. It felt like New York City was all ours and we were the only ones in the city. Through tears, I asked her to share the rest of her life with me. Totally surprised her, which was everything! Through the magic of NYC, two weeks later we met the bookshop owner randomly at a party, so he graciously let us take our engagement photos at the shop.” —from Erin, one half of the couple
Sara runs her own acupuncture business in NYC, Avalon Acupuncture. Erin and Sara originally met because Sara was the on-call acupuncturist for the luxury boutique hotel that Erin works at.
Photographer: Tom Therkildsen
Location: Three Lives & Co.
Alaina Leary Lavoie
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts