Fun waterfront engagement photos on the coast of Lake Superior
Kasey and Monique booked us over the phone, so we didn’t meet them until the day of this shoot. When that happens, you never really know who you are going to meet, whether you are the photographer or the one being photographed. We met the two of them for pie in Two Harbors prior to the shoot to get to know one another a little better first.
This beach was hidden away, so we had to park on the side of Highway 61 and then trek downhill to get to it. In all honesty, I don’t think I could ever find it again because it is not on any maps. Kasey and Monique chose to do their engagement photos in the North Shore because they both grew up by the ocean, so they figured Lake Superior is the closest to it they could get around here.
The two of them really had a lot of fun during the shoot, which made it so easy on everyone. There was a lot of laughing and goofing around, which we just love. It was funny because they seemed rather nervous when we met and literally told us to take more photos of the landscape, as they figured we’d get better shots. Once we started shooting, they really opened up and there was no direction necessary at all. They are both such fun people and we cannot wait to shoot their big day this summer. —from the photographer
Photographer: RKH Images
Alaina Leary Lavoie
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate forest wedding brings South Asian interfaith traditions to Ontario
- Documentary-style candids highlight moments of everyday love for this newly engaged couple
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged