Fun waterfront engagement photos on the coast of Lake Superior
Kasey and Monique booked us over the phone, so we didn’t meet them until the day of this shoot. When that happens, you never really know who you are going to meet, whether you are the photographer or the one being photographed. We met the two of them for pie in Two Harbors prior to the shoot to get to know one another a little better first.
This beach was hidden away, so we had to park on the side of Highway 61 and then trek downhill to get to it. In all honesty, I don’t think I could ever find it again because it is not on any maps. Kasey and Monique chose to do their engagement photos in the North Shore because they both grew up by the ocean, so they figured Lake Superior is the closest to it they could get around here.
The two of them really had a lot of fun during the shoot, which made it so easy on everyone. There was a lot of laughing and goofing around, which we just love. It was funny because they seemed rather nervous when we met and literally told us to take more photos of the landscape, as they figured we’d get better shots. Once we started shooting, they really opened up and there was no direction necessary at all. They are both such fun people and we cannot wait to shoot their big day this summer. —from the photographer
Photographer: RKH Images
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- 6 pros and cons to consider when choosing to have a wedding party
- Moody floral fairy tale wedding inspiration with fashion from three eras
- St. Patrick’s Day weekend rooftop wedding in Atlanta, Georgia
- Spring engagement photos in Boston Public Garden
- Surprise engagement at Decatur Alpaca Cottage in Georgia
- Sunflower beach spring destination wedding in Isabela, Puerto Rico
- Reciprocal IVF was hard for our family, but it was the right decision
- Sherlock Holmes inspired moody wedding inspiration in France
- Blue and yellow spring wedding at the Lake Country Club
- Fun waterfront engagement photos on the coast of Lake Superior