Glamorous vintage wedding at The Tides Estate in New Jersey
Ciara and Liana’s spring wedding at The Tides Estate in North Haledon, New Jersey, had a vintage, glamorous theme with lots of sparkle.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Our advice is to take your time planning and saving. Wedding planning should be fun and exciting, not stressful and exhausting. Be patient with family, friends and most importantly, with each other. On the really hard days, don’t forget why you chose each other!
Did you have a bach (bachelor or bachelorette) party?
We had a joint bachelorette weekend in Miami.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
Luckily, we worked with an amazing group of vendors who never made us feel uncomfortable. Everyone at the venue was very accommodating and kind. Our wedding coordinator went above and beyond for us. We developed a good relationship with the officiant. Everything was perfect. We are blessed. Think positive and positive things will happen. Do not allow anyone to ruin what should be the best day of your life!
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
The most pleasant surprise was realizing that not everyone in the world is ugly. Every vendor that contributed to our wedding was a pleasure to work with.
Photographer and Videographer: Live Picture studios
Venue and Catering: The Tides Estate
Alaina Leary Lavoie
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married