Glamorous vintage wedding at The Tides Estate in New Jersey
Ciara and Liana’s spring wedding at The Tides Estate in North Haledon, New Jersey, had a vintage, glamorous theme with lots of sparkle.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Our advice is to take your time planning and saving. Wedding planning should be fun and exciting, not stressful and exhausting. Be patient with family, friends and most importantly, with each other. On the really hard days, don’t forget why you chose each other!
Did you have a bach (bachelor or bachelorette) party?
We had a joint bachelorette weekend in Miami.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
Luckily, we worked with an amazing group of vendors who never made us feel uncomfortable. Everyone at the venue was very accommodating and kind. Our wedding coordinator went above and beyond for us. We developed a good relationship with the officiant. Everything was perfect. We are blessed. Think positive and positive things will happen. Do not allow anyone to ruin what should be the best day of your life!
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
The most pleasant surprise was realizing that not everyone in the world is ugly. Every vendor that contributed to our wedding was a pleasure to work with.
Photographer and Videographer: Live Picture studios
Venue and Catering: The Tides Estate,
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Golden hour proposal in the mountains of San Diego, California
- Botanical, tropical fall greenhouse wedding in St. Louis, Missouri
- Celebrity wedding planner Colin Cowie marries Danny Peuscovich in outdoor luxury South Africa wedding
- Outdoor DIY fall wedding at the Solarium in Decatur, Georgia
- After 20 years, two grooms celebrate with whimsical winery wedding
- 4 things you can do if you can’t go on a honeymoon right after the wedding
- Allure Bridals introduces Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Collection
- Why Naples is a great place for LGBTQ+ weddings and honeymoons
- Inclusivity is a wedding priority reveals The Knot’s Real Weddings Study
- Carefree bohemian beach wedding in Pensacola, Florida