Jesse and Will met at a party and quickly realized they had many common interests, including old houses, which is why they opted to do their engagement photos in downtown Charleston, South Carolina. Both homebodies, Jesse and Will had their first date at Jesse’s house and he made chili for dinner. Jesse and Will both volunteer with Historic Charleston Foundation so Jesse used the Aiken Rhett House, a historic home/museum, in his proposal plans. (This was also one of their first dates.) Visitors go through the house with a headset listening to a narration on a tiny mp3 player. Jesse worked with the staff to insert a proposal into the narration.
When they got to the parlor the narrator started telling the story of the two of them. Jesse handled the actual proposal part himself – he was on one knee and the ring was on the fireplace . Afterwards, they went for a quiet drink at the Dewberry – and then on to dinner at Cannon Green – where friends and family were waiting at a table on the balcony upstairs, another surprise. “It was all completely magical and overwhelming.” The ring is from Croghan’s Jewel Box.
Jesse’s favorite thing about Will is his appreciation of integrity in all aspects of life – the history of the architecture of a building, the craftsmanship of anything handmade, the story behind his favorite foods, and his love of anyone who is a genuinely authentic character.
Will’s favorite things about Jesse are his curiosity and his energy. Whether it is food, history or design, he is always looking to learn and that keeps life interesting. His energy drives a sense of adventure and an unwavering effort to make them stronger as a couple.
Wedding plans: No date is set yet, but they are starting to think about April 2018 and definitely something small downtown.
From the photographer, Sarah Goldman
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot