Intimate lawn wedding in Denver, Colorado
Ken and Steve’s wedding in Denver, Colorado
The stunning mountains of Colorado provided a stunning backdrop for Ken and Steve’s outdoor wedding. A little rain didn’t hold guests back from having a great time or shedding lots of happy tears. The joy and happiness everyone had for this couple was evident and beautiful.
From the photographer, Julie Luehrs: It warmed our hearts so much to watch Ken + Steve tie the knot in July on the Chautauqua Lawn with the mighty Flatirons serving as the perfect backdrop! It was an intimate wedding with some of Ken + Steve’s nearest and dearest friends and family gathering to witness these two finally make it official after 16 long years of waiting for the law to change. With a ceremony filled with lots of laughter and some tears, we watched these two devoted souls make a life long promise to each other – which was magical to say the least!
After the ceremony, the couple and the guests gathered on the lawn to participate in a champagne toast to congratulate the happy couple! After the champagne toast, guests made their way up to enjoy cocktail hour on the patio of the Chautauqua Dining Hall just as the sun began to shine through the clouds!
Once cocktail hour was complete, guests found their way to their tables located inside of the Chautauqua Dining Hall. With a few toasts, a cake cutting, and photo booth filled with fun, guests were able to enjoy good food and mingle with each other before moving the party to License No. 1 Bar. Needless to say we felt so lucky to be a part of such a special day and know that #lovewins!
Photographer: Julie Luehrs- Photo Element Studio
Ceremony venue: Chautauqua Lawn
Reception venue: Chautauqua Dining Hall
Boutonnieres: Fiori Flowers
Planner: Calluna Events
Entertainment: Bluegrass Blitz
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights