Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
Tara + Marisa
Wedding Colors: gray, black
Wedding Location: Private Residence in
Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
Wedding Season: Fall
Tara and Marisa met through a mutual friend while Marisa was living in Edmonton and Tara in Calgary. The couple hit it off right away and Marisa ended up moving to Calgary within a couple months. Their love continued to grow and while on a hike up the Tower of Babel at Moraine Lake in Alberta, Marisa took advantage of the beautiful scenery and proposed to Tara partially up the hike. Marisa was three and a half months pregnant with twins at the time!
For their wedding they knew they wanted it to have a rustic, mountain-inspired style and theme. The wedding was held at Tara’s parent’s property where they camped in their Airstream before the big day. During the ceremony they included a unity ritual which entailed the burning of wood chips gathered from friends and family, which also helped symbolize their love of campfires.
From their wedding decor to their florals, everything was DIY and done in a mountain rustic theme. Even their ceremony backdrop was a 3-peak mountain arch built by Tara’s brother.
Tara and Marisa say “the campfire and hanging out with everyone was our favourite part. We enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. Our friends and family contributed in so many ways – helping decorate, cooking dinner, organizing, etc. Our friend Peter was our marriage commissioner and created a very personal ceremony infused with humour.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Equally Wed Editors
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Pantone announces its 2023 color of the year
- Emily, Willie and Sarah’s DIY throuple wedding at the Inn on the Russian River in Monte Rio, California
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding