Shannon and Ruth wanted to make their intimate outdoor Philadelphia wedding theirs, so they made a pact to only talk about the wedding once a week so that wedding planning did not take over their lives. Despite not spending all their time getting ready for this wedding, it turned out spectacular. Guests travelled from near and far to attend the wedding that was held on an outdoor patio. Both Shannon and Ruth both wore white wedding gowns of varying designs. After the reception everyone headed inside for a sitdown dinner with long table seating, a great option for a group with less than forty people. Guests had a choice of soup or salad and three different entrees.
From the photographer, Ian Shiver: Shannon and Ruth LOVED both Talula’s Garden and Talula’s Daily, so it was a no brainer when they picked Talula’s as the home to their wedding reception. The whole wedding day was an intimate occasion with fewer than 40 attendees, some of whom flew in from as far as England and Shanghai. Shannon and Ruth tried to keep the day as low-key and authentic as possible and make the entire day about their relationship as a couple! They even limited their wedding talk to one day per week to keep from allowing the wedding planning to take over.
Photographer: Viva Love Photo
Wedding ceremony: Talula’s Garden
Wedding reception: Talula’s Daily
Florist: Robertson’s Flowers
Attire: Philly Bride
and Nicole Miller
Officiant: Journeys of the Heart
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- 8 wedding leather jacket looks that are the perfect level of drama
- 5 effortless ways to bring sophistication to your LGBTQ+ wedding decor
- 10 LGBTQ+ wedding details that will make your heart explode!
- Adventure engagement photos in the mountains
- Fairy themed trans wedding in wine country
- Stunning waterfront photos to celebrate IVF and starting a family
- ABA issues formal opinion that judges can’t refuse same-sex marriages
- I didn’t think Valentine’s Day was for queer couples—now I love celebrating it
- Feminine edgy pink and black wedding inspiration
- Southwestern garden wedding inspiration