Intimate, relaxed botanic gardens wedding in New York
Amanda and Maegan’s September wedding at the Buffalo and Erie Botanical Gardens was intimate and relaxed with an earthy style.
Their mixed-gender wedding party consisted of ten people, four of whom served as their “Friends of Honor.”
During the ceremony, they both entered the room at the same time, walking toward each other and meeting in the middle to begin their lives together.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Don’t compromise with anyone else but your partner in regards to making decisions for the wedding. Accept input when needed, but don’t feel compelled to make everyone happy. Your wedding should be about you and your partner, not your parents or family or friends.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
Practical challenges, like everything says Mr. and Mrs. or His and Hers, but also challenges as in worries that your vendors will be homophobic when you show up to a meeting.
We also faced challenges trying to create the perfect ceremony, when everything about it is traditionally made for a man and a woman with such distinct roles.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
We were pleasantly surprised by how easily a lot of things just fell into place. We were blessed to find really great vendors pretty easily so planning wasn’t very stressful at all
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Kiran Photography
Florist: Adam’s Fairacre Farms
DJ: Russ Burton
Attire for Partner 1: Melissa Sweet a-line lace dress from David’s Bridal
Attire for Partner 2: Custom bespoke suit from Bindle & Keep
Jewelry: Kingston Fine Jewelry
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL