Jaw-dropping mountainside elopement in Canada’s Yoho National Park
Chelsea and Sarah’s breathtaking elopement took place in Canada’s Yoho National Park. The couple read handwritten vows beside breathtaking views of waterfalls, lakes and the Canadian Rockies.
In honor of Sarah’s Irish Heritage, they also took part in the Celtic ritual of handfasting, which involved their hands being tied together to symbolize their union.
After saying “I Do,” the couple posed for photos along the shoreline of Emerald Lake, famous for its gorgeous turquoise water.
“In a world of COVID,” writes Afton Flynn of Film and Forest Photography, “these two were still able to find an adventure of a lifetime right in their own backyard.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Film and Forest Photography
Makeup: Alpenglow Beauty Co
Cake: Crave Cupcakes
Florist: Golden Floral Co
Officiant: Hans Lestra
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor