Joyous state park engagement session after ring pop proposal
Molly Sprayregen, 2 years ago 1 min read
To celebrate their engagement, Chris and Ariel returned to the spot where Ariel proposed: Halibut Point State Park in Rockport, Massachusetts .
The proposal took place on a late autumn day. While they sat by the water and watched the waves crash, Ariel pulled out a large box. Inside was a ring pop. Chris had always told Ariel, “I don’t care what ring you get me, just get me a ring pop,” and so she did.
After some photos by the water, the engagement session moved to the rooftop of the Beauport Hotel, which offered 360 degree views of the coast and downtown Gloucester.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Amanda Macchia Photography
Venues: Beauport Hotel; Halibut Point State Park
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding, engagement or family story for editorial consideration.
Molly Sprayregen was previously an associate editor for Equally Wed. She is also a freelance journalist covering a range of LGBTQ+ issues, from politics to healthcare to business. In addition to her work for Equally Wed, she profiles LGBTQ+ politicians for LGBTQ Nation, as well as LGBTQ+ women in business for Forbes.com. She is also a book reviewer for the Associated Press. Molly has also had work published in Them, Out Magazine, Huffington Post, the Associated Press, and more.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Cultural appropriations to avoid at your wedding
- 10 of our favorite LGBTQ+ Pride weddings
- Brides Beanie Feldstein and Bonnie-Chance Roberts marry in an outdoor ‘Jew-ish’ wedding
- These lesbian brides met on Tinder and married in a destination elopement at a beach club in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Overwhelming majority of straight Americans back LGBTQ+ rights, new GLAAD survey finds