Melissa wore her mother’s wedding dress as her father walked her down the aisle to marry Jerrin. The bridal party and groom’s party wore knee-length gray dresses with teal heels and dark gray suits with teal button-down shirts. Melissa had a dude of honor and Jerrin had a best man.
The happy couple infused their wedding vows with wit, sarcasm and humor. Popular local drag queens were on the wedding guest list as were the owners of Hamburger Mary’s where Melissa works.
Fireball shots were flowing throughout the day which washed down the couple’s wedding cake, a multi layer bundt cake with a Mr. and Mrs. Tyrannosaurus couple on top, as well as mini bundt cupcakes.
“I met Jerrin and Melissa at my first pride ever in Kansas City! Their sarcastic banter with one another is absolutely entertaining to be apart of. Melissa works at Hamburger Mary’s in KC so a lot of the guests were local drag queens, and talent! Jerrin owns him.her.them, an LGBTQ & non-binary barbershop.
Jerrin and Melissa were married in a historic part of bustling & industrial Kansas City, Missouri at Faultless Event Space. It was a hot and sunny day for their colorful, classy wedding with the help of some of the most talented queers Kansas City has to offer. They danced the night away against the backdrop of tall rustic city buildings and vintage train cars.”
From the photographer, Amanda Black of Kingmon Creative
Photography: Kingmon Creative
Wedding venue: Faultless Event Space
Florist: Shelley Rundberg Couture Wedding Flowers
Entertainment: Andrew Waters, Jukeboxx Media
Invitations: Wedding Paper Divas
Jerrin’s attire: Express, J. Ferrar by JCPenney, Van Heusen
Melissa’s alterations: Mary Jo Johnston
Jewelry: Manly Bands, Kay, Zales
Attendant attire: Alfred Sung
Videography: Kingmon Creative
Officiant: Jessica Dressler
Cake: Nothing Bundt Cakes
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Romantic engagement photos on the beach in Kauai, Hawaii
- Rustic orange and yellow autumn wedding in Norfolk, MA
- Wild child Southwest wedding at Rimrock Ranch in Pioneertown, California
- Why you should absolutely do a post-wedding photo shoot
- 11 winter wedding looks we love
- How to celebrate your anniversary when it’s in the winter
- LGBTQ+ weddings make weddings better—for everyone
- Trump administration wants to allow religious child welfare agencies to reject LGBTQ+ families
- Summer citrus wedding inspiration at historic post office
- Costa Rica’s ‘Si, acepto’ campaign promotes LGBTQ+ acceptance ahead of marriage equality