From Nikita, Karen and Sarah’s photographer:
It all started with a date and a kiss. They went out for coffee and and then for drinks. While standing in the bar Sarah leaned over and kissed Karen and for the first time, Karen felt free. She felt free to be herself, to love without worry. She saw the strength she was searching for in Sarah and she was in love. Their love story is so inspiring to me. I knew the second I met them that I wanted to be part of it.
Sarah and Karen committed themselves to each other on a beautiful fall day at the gorgeous Bell Event Centre. They were surrounded by 200 of their closest friends and family. It was a glorious night full of laughter and love. These two women have the kindest hearts. Karen is a chaplain at a local hospital and Sarah works for a nonprofit. They are a perfect balance for each other. Sarah has a carefree spirit and loves to go with the flow, while Karen is very organized and needs order to feel comfortable. Together I know they are going to do wonderful things in this world.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing