From Nikita, Karen and Sarah’s photographer:
It all started with a date and a kiss. They went out for coffee and and then for drinks. While standing in the bar Sarah leaned over and kissed Karen and for the first time, Karen felt free. She felt free to be herself, to love without worry. She saw the strength she was searching for in Sarah and she was in love. Their love story is so inspiring to me. I knew the second I met them that I wanted to be part of it.
Sarah and Karen committed themselves to each other on a beautiful fall day at the gorgeous Bell Event Centre. They were surrounded by 200 of their closest friends and family. It was a glorious night full of laughter and love. These two women have the kindest hearts. Karen is a chaplain at a local hospital and Sarah works for a nonprofit. They are a perfect balance for each other. Sarah has a carefree spirit and loves to go with the flow, while Karen is very organized and needs order to feel comfortable. Together I know they are going to do wonderful things in this world.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights