Lavender and orange North Carolina holistic retreat center wedding
Dan and Bryan invited friends and family to an outdoor wedding ceremony at a North Carolina holistic retreat. The soon-to-be newlyweds got ready for the big day together. Accessories were an important part of expressing individual style for both marriers, who wore matching grey three-piece suits. Dan wore a lavender scarf and a bow tie that complimented Bryan’s scarf. Bryan wore a periwinkle bow tie, matching the varying hues of periwinkle and lavender that Bryan’s wedding party wore. Dan’s wedding party wore attire in varying hues of orange.
At the reception Dan debuted rainbow suspenders on the dance floor. This was not the only rainbow to appear on the wedding day. The newlyweds cut into their four layer cake to reveal a layered rainbow cake underneath the shimmery white frosting detail. The cake featured a likeness of two all white mermaids, sitting atop the second layer of the cake.
From the photographer, Ariel Mason: Dan and Bryan are a super sweet couple who both grew up in the Raleigh-Durham area but met in San Francisco. They are an adoring couple who just wanted to celebrate their love with all of their friends and family at a beautiful mountain retreat. From inviting their vendors to the rehearsal dinner to sending them thank-you cards afterwards, this amazing couple made even us vendors feel like a warm and welcome addition to their joyous nuptials. To say this is one of the most fun weddings we have been to is an understatement and the love these two have not only for each other, but for those close to them, is undeniable!
Photographer: Ariel Kaitlin Photography, LLC
Venue: OM Sanctuary
Catering: OM Sanctuary, Chris DeWilde
Florist: Shady Grove Flowers, Courtney Bloomfield
Officiant: Real Life Communication, Becky Sansbury
DJ: Blisslyke Sounds, Sheena Morris & Ruben Catinchi
Videography: Asheville Videography, Kris Thompson
Cake: Lynne Tyeryar
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married