We are high school sweethearts!” shares Winnie. ” We went to the same high school and had been around each other from being in the same graduating class and being involved in music extracurriculars like chorus. However, we officially started becoming friends after being in the same history class in junior year where we bonded and eventually started dating. What began as helping each other with history homework and passing notes in class evolved into all night phone calls and hanging out after school until our parents picked us up from our respective extracurriculars! We also had some close mutual friends who connected us and sped the process along!”
The first look was emotional and wonderful, followed by group photos with the bridal brigade. The wedding party had rainbow themed details of flowers and bowties and we got cheered on by a train full of people that runs through the park! Every part of the wedding had a personal touches and speeches that made your heart swell with happiness.
The music was pure magic. Bo Winiker and his band played gorgeous jazz standards and a few special requests to the likes of Shania Twain and Kesha. Amy’s dad joined the band to play a few songs for his daughter on her wedding day. Their friend Skylar Kergil performed a song that was specifically written for their wedding. To top it all off, Amy surprised her wife with an amazing serenade. Towards the end of the night, the wedding party snuck out to decorate the couple’s car with balloons and write loving notes.
Photography: Julia Luckett Photography
Wedding venue: Garden House at Look Park
Flowers: La Salle Flower Group
Attire: Dillard’s and David’s Bridal
Jewelers: Long Jewelers
Catering: The Villa Rose
Hair and make-up: Salon 241
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
Follow Equally Wed on Instagram!
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing
- Reclaiming Asian pride: a San Diego private prenuptial tea-and-cocktail celebration
- Anthony + Paul: boho-lux Portugal destination wedding
- Lakesha + Nikia: Decatur, Ga. outdoor wedding during the coronavirus
- David + Andrew: Midwestern Pride Wedding Giveaway winners marry
- Romantic Vancouver elopement inspiration
- David + Anthony: Natural, earthy and warm Milwaukee, Wisconsin, wedding
- Jenny + Robin: a record-breaking cruise ship wedding vow renewal
- Meagan + Kristyn: an Austin, Texas, luxury outdoor wedding