Love is love, even for 104 year old fighting for Australia marriage equality
You’re never too old to believe in equality. That’s the case for an Australian man named Alex, who is 104 years old.
“I can’t understand what all the fuss and commotion is about,” shares Alex in a video created for AU Marriage Equality.
Alex was married to his wife, Betty, for 45 years until she passed away in 2009. Their grandson, Paul, is gay. Paul’s mother was the one to tell Alex, who the family lovingly calls Pa, about Paul’s sexual identity. Alex simply responded that he’d known since Paul was 16.
“Having lived 104 years you accept people as they are,” states Alex.
104 year old Alex voted YES for his grandson Paul.
Pa Alex was married for 45 years, and believes his grandson should have the same right. pic.twitter.com/fGxOnEfTxc
— AU Marriage Equality (@AMEquality) October 30, 2017
The video of Alex sharing his views on equality was shared by the official Twitter account for Australia Marriage Equality. Alex doesn’t seem to understand the confusion and upset around the marriage equality plebiscite because everyone’s a human being and should have the same rights.
Check out Alex’s video and follow @AMEquality to share your support for marriage equality in Australia.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- LGBTQ+ family planning: be the parents you’ve always dreamed of with the help of Cryos
- These Disney LGBTQ+ weddings are pure magic
- Here’s how we decided to get married in Provincetown, Massachusetts
- Colorful, whimsical spring backyard wedding in Austin, Texas
- Rustic, moody farm wedding inspiration in Purcellville, Virginia
- Beach honeymoon photos in Bora Bora
- Why we chose an anonymous sperm donor to start a family
- Northern Ireland politician reverses stance on same-sex marriage after daughter marries woman
- 8 literary favors for your bookish or library themed wedding
- Colorful whimsical vintage wedding inspiration in Chattanooga, Tennessee