Love is love, even for 104 year old fighting for Australia marriage equality
You’re never too old to believe in equality. That’s the case for an Australian man named Alex, who is 104 years old.
“I can’t understand what all the fuss and commotion is about,” shares Alex in a video created for AU Marriage Equality.
Alex was married to his wife, Betty, for 45 years until she passed away in 2009. Their grandson, Paul, is gay. Paul’s mother was the one to tell Alex, who the family lovingly calls Pa, about Paul’s sexual identity. Alex simply responded that he’d known since Paul was 16.
“Having lived 104 years you accept people as they are,” states Alex.
104 year old Alex voted YES for his grandson Paul.
Pa Alex was married for 45 years, and believes his grandson should have the same right. pic.twitter.com/fGxOnEfTxc
— AU Marriage Equality (@AMEquality) October 30, 2017
The video of Alex sharing his views on equality was shared by the official Twitter account for Australia Marriage Equality. Alex doesn’t seem to understand the confusion and upset around the marriage equality plebiscite because everyone’s a human being and should have the same rights.
Check out Alex’s video and follow @AMEquality to share your support for marriage equality in Australia.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- This Great Gatsby wedding in Walnut Grove, California, featured a casino speakeasy reception
- The queer Christmas story you’ve been waiting for
- Our lesbian love story: St. Pete Beach engagement with a proposal photographer
- Black and yellow poolside wedding in Palm Springs, California
- Home for the holidays anniversary photo shoot