Love is love, even for 104 year old fighting for Australia marriage equality
You’re never too old to believe in equality. That’s the case for an Australian man named Alex, who is 104 years old.
“I can’t understand what all the fuss and commotion is about,” shares Alex in a video created for AU Marriage Equality.
Alex was married to his wife, Betty, for 45 years until she passed away in 2009. Their grandson, Paul, is gay. Paul’s mother was the one to tell Alex, who the family lovingly calls Pa, about Paul’s sexual identity. Alex simply responded that he’d known since Paul was 16.
“Having lived 104 years you accept people as they are,” states Alex.
104 year old Alex voted YES for his grandson Paul.
Pa Alex was married for 45 years, and believes his grandson should have the same right. pic.twitter.com/fGxOnEfTxc
— AU Marriage Equality (@AMEquality) October 30, 2017
The video of Alex sharing his views on equality was shared by the official Twitter account for Australia Marriage Equality. Alex doesn’t seem to understand the confusion and upset around the marriage equality plebiscite because everyone’s a human being and should have the same rights.
Check out Alex’s video and follow @AMEquality to share your support for marriage equality in Australia.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- What we love about the Renault Clio car ad celebrating a 30-year lesbian romance
- Ellen DeGeneres surprised lesbian couple whose family won’t attend wedding
- Romantic, industrial fall wedding with Indian cultural touches
- Chick-fil-A will stop donating to (some) anti-LGBTQ+ organizations
- Rustic orange and yellow autumn wedding in Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Home anniversary photos to celebrate one year of marriage
- Black gothic wedding with skulls, swords and magic
- American Psychological Association says singular ‘they’ now the standard for scholarly writing
- Roxane Gay and Debbie Millman are officially engaged
- This mom’s wedding speech will make you cry in the best way