Kayla and Autumn are no strangers to adorable family photos. Autumn surprised Kayla and her daughter, Emelyn, with a Mother’s Day photo shoot that turned into an emotional proposal (that you can view here on Equally Wed). The happy couple teamed up with adorable Emelyn yet again to celebrate their relationship a dual engagement and save the date photo shoot that is nothing short of adorable. This same-sex military engagement shoot is guaranteed to put a smile on your face.
“Autumn & I met each other through work and we were best friends for two years and both helping each other through miserable relationships where we were unhappy and dating and married to people who just weren’t good to us,” shares Kayla. “Somewhere through our friendship we made the decision that we could see ourselves spending the rest of our lives together. So I’m blessed to say I’m marrying my best friend and these are our photos from our ‘save the date/engagement’ session.
Photography by Kerri Matthews
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights