Kayla and Autumn are no strangers to adorable family photos. Autumn surprised Kayla and her daughter, Emelyn, with a Mother’s Day photo shoot that turned into an emotional proposal (that you can view here on Equally Wed). The happy couple teamed up with adorable Emelyn yet again to celebrate their relationship a dual engagement and save the date photo shoot that is nothing short of adorable. This same-sex military engagement shoot is guaranteed to put a smile on your face.
“Autumn & I met each other through work and we were best friends for two years and both helping each other through miserable relationships where we were unhappy and dating and married to people who just weren’t good to us,” shares Kayla. “Somewhere through our friendship we made the decision that we could see ourselves spending the rest of our lives together. So I’m blessed to say I’m marrying my best friend and these are our photos from our ‘save the date/engagement’ session.
Photography by Kerri Matthews
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot