By now you may have seen the heartwarming photo that is circulating around the internet. We love it so much that we can’t help but share it. If you’ve seen it before, be prepared to smile again. If you have haven’t, be prepared to have your heart melt into a puddle on the floor.
Married couple Nick Cardello and Kurt English have been together for 25 years. During their first year together the couple attended Washington, DC Pride in 1993 and captured a sweet picture of Cardello planting a smooch on English’s cheek.
Twenty-four years later the couple, who is just as in love as before, recreated the photo at this year’s Pride March.
“In 1993 we had just come from the Reagan years and the federal government avoiding the AIDS Crisis. It was a difficult time for us, since three months earlier I had lost my brother to AIDS. Then Clinton signed Don’t Ask Don’t Tell and the Defense of Marriage Act,” Cardello shared. “For the 2017 March we were elated by the Obama administration’s federal recognition of same-sex couples, the Supreme Court rulings, the overturning of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell and the Defense of Marriage Act. But we now have concerns with the rolling back of rights we have gained, particularly with the proliferation of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act laws as a backlash to these hard-won gains.”
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing
- Reclaiming Asian pride: a San Diego private prenuptial tea-and-cocktail celebration
- Anthony + Paul: boho-lux Portugal destination wedding
- Lakesha + Nikia: Decatur, Ga. outdoor wedding during the coronavirus
- David + Andrew: Midwestern Pride Wedding Giveaway winners marry
- Romantic Vancouver elopement inspiration
- David + Anthony: Natural, earthy and warm Milwaukee, Wisconsin, wedding
- Jenny + Robin: a record-breaking cruise ship wedding vow renewal
- Meagan + Kristyn: an Austin, Texas, luxury outdoor wedding
- Torie + Alyssa: An intimate, bohemian and rustic wedding