Maybe he’s born with it: Makeup companies choose male models
Makeup companies choose male models
Whoever said men shouldn’t wear makeup? In a time where a YouTube search for “male makeup” will bring you over 3.2 million results, popular makeup companies are taking note.
In October, makeup company CoverGirl announced YouTube star James Charles as their first CoverBoy to represent that company. Charles is the face of “So Lashy!” CoverGirl’s mascara for all lash types, and will continue to be added into advertisements and commercials.
Now, CoverGirl isn’t the only makeup company with a male model. Last March, Maybelline featured their first man on Instagram. The star of the post, Manny Gutierrez, is known to his over 2.2 million YouTube fans as Manny MUA. Now, Gutierrez has been featured in multiple Maybelline promo videos and was named “People Magazine’s””The Ultimate Influencer,” at their Ones to Watch party.
With more and more men trying their hand at makeup, we are bound to see a lot more men wearing makeup on their wedding day. Can’t decide on your wedding day makeup style? Check out these tips from beauty expert Victor Henao.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Philadelphia garden wedding with bold blue suit and cape sleeve gown
- Elegant engagement session after romantic New Year’s Eve proposal
- Wonderland-themed wedding inspiration in the gardens of O’ahu
- 6 gender-neutral LGBTQ+ inclusive wedding terms to make all couples feel included
- California Beach photo session to celebrate virtual wedding
- Couple flooded with kindness after Tennessee wedding venue rejected them for being gay
- 18 gorgeous face masks from Etsy for your Covid-safe wedding
- Colorado Gov. Jared Polis marries Marlon Reis and makes history
- How To Mix Up Tradition For Your LGBTQ+ Wedding
- Minimalist Louisiana wedding with floral cake and sparkler send off
- 6 stylish bow ties for autumn weddings
- WNBA teammates Jasmine Thomas and Natisha Hiedeman are engaged
- 6 children’s books that celebrate LGBTQ+ families
- 6 challenges straight couples don’t have to deal with when planning a wedding
- Desert LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration featuring native Arizona plants and a custom floral suit
- Celestial-themed Missouri wedding featuring navy and gold
- South Carolina engagement session celebrating LGBTQ+ love in the outdoors
- 5 floral fads in vogue for ’21 and ’22 weddings
- Disney star Garrett Clayton married longtime partner Blake Knight in a garden party wedding
- Dazzling wedding dress trends for fall