Maybe he’s born with it: Makeup companies choose male models
Makeup companies choose male models
Whoever said men shouldn’t wear makeup? In a time where a YouTube search for “male makeup” will bring you over 3.2 million results, popular makeup companies are taking note.
In October, makeup company CoverGirl announced YouTube star James Charles as their first CoverBoy to represent that company. Charles is the face of “So Lashy!” CoverGirl’s mascara for all lash types, and will continue to be added into advertisements and commercials.
Now, CoverGirl isn’t the only makeup company with a male model. Last March, Maybelline featured their first man on Instagram. The star of the post, Manny Gutierrez, is known to his over 2.2 million YouTube fans as Manny MUA. Now, Gutierrez has been featured in multiple Maybelline promo videos and was named “People Magazine’s””The Ultimate Influencer,” at their Ones to Watch party.
With more and more men trying their hand at makeup, we are bound to see a lot more men wearing makeup on their wedding day. Can’t decide on your wedding day makeup style? Check out these tips from beauty expert Victor Henao.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing