Maybe he’s born with it: Makeup companies choose male models
Makeup companies choose male models
Whoever said men shouldn’t wear makeup? In a time where a YouTube search for “male makeup” will bring you over 3.2 million results, popular makeup companies are taking note.
In October, makeup company CoverGirl announced YouTube star James Charles as their first CoverBoy to represent that company. Charles is the face of “So Lashy!” CoverGirl’s mascara for all lash types, and will continue to be added into advertisements and commercials.
Now, CoverGirl isn’t the only makeup company with a male model. Last March, Maybelline featured their first man on Instagram. The star of the post, Manny Gutierrez, is known to his over 2.2 million YouTube fans as Manny MUA. Now, Gutierrez has been featured in multiple Maybelline promo videos and was named “People Magazine’s””The Ultimate Influencer,” at their Ones to Watch party.
With more and more men trying their hand at makeup, we are bound to see a lot more men wearing makeup on their wedding day. Can’t decide on your wedding day makeup style? Check out these tips from beauty expert Victor Henao.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights