Maybe he’s born with it: Makeup companies choose male models
Makeup companies choose male models
Whoever said men shouldn’t wear makeup? In a time where a YouTube search for “male makeup” will bring you over 3.2 million results, popular makeup companies are taking note.
In October, makeup company CoverGirl announced YouTube star James Charles as their first CoverBoy to represent that company. Charles is the face of “So Lashy!” CoverGirl’s mascara for all lash types, and will continue to be added into advertisements and commercials.
Now, CoverGirl isn’t the only makeup company with a male model. Last March, Maybelline featured their first man on Instagram. The star of the post, Manny Gutierrez, is known to his over 2.2 million YouTube fans as Manny MUA. Now, Gutierrez has been featured in multiple Maybelline promo videos and was named “People Magazine’s””The Ultimate Influencer,” at their Ones to Watch party.
With more and more men trying their hand at makeup, we are bound to see a lot more men wearing makeup on their wedding day. Can’t decide on your wedding day makeup style? Check out these tips from beauty expert Victor Henao.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- This surprise flash mob dance party proposal will move you to tears
- Romantic engagement photos at Milwaukee Central Public Library
- TikTok is limiting the reach of LGBTQ+, disabled and fat people’s videos
- My husband and I honeymooned in South Africa. Here’s why we loved it
- Tropical blue and green beach wedding in St. Petersburg, Florida
- 6 real weddings that will get you in a cozy mood for the holidays
- How we organized our wedding party from across the country
- How my family lives a minimalist lifestyle so we can travel
- Fun, moody beach couple photos in San Francisco, California
- 2019 holiday gift guide