Moody fall picnic proposal ideas with cheeseboard and bottled cocktails
In celebration of their one year anniversary of marriage, Suzannah and Elise modeled in this New Orleans-inspired styled proposal. Specifically, planner Imre Trevino of Lillian Rose Events modeled the shoot after the patio of Bacchanal Wine, a small wine shop and cocktail bar.
“You can shop in their tiny market and buy wine and cheese and they will take what you buy and prepare an amazing cheese board and bring it out to you at the plastic patio chairs and tables in the back yard,” Trevino explained. “You can enjoy them as you listen to live jazz in the open air. I wanted to bring that curated but casual picnic feel to a fall venue in Chicago.”
The staged proposal took place at Firehouse Chicago in Chicago’s Edgewater neighborhood.
“We went a little witchy with the mood and colors. Dark grays and greens, accented with the rich gold of the fall color. Fleur provided textural greens and florals in neutrals. Ferns always remind me of New Orleans. Lula Cafe created the beautiful cheeseboard & bottled cocktails (a covid favorite) for their celebratory picnic. The black parasols are inspired by a NOLA Second Line.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Planner: Lillian Rose Events
Photographer: AJ Abelman
Venue: Firehouse Chicago
Floral/Styling Pieces: Kelly Thompson for Fleur Chicago
Bottled Cocktails and Charcuterie: Lula Café
Suzannah’s Suit: Bindle & Keep
Elise’s Jewelry: Kerij Jewelry Design
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding, engagement or family story for editorial consideration.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Brides Beanie Feldstein and Bonnie-Chance Roberts marry in an outdoor ‘Jew-ish’ wedding
- These lesbian brides met on Tinder and married in a destination elopement at a beach club in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Overwhelming majority of straight Americans back LGBTQ+ rights, new GLAAD survey finds
- Celebrating LGBTQ+ love with a colorful Pride elopement photo shoot featuring rainbows, glitter and custom cocktails
- Broadway stars Ben Platt and Noah Galvin are engaged (again!)