Cassie and Kayla did an engagement session at home to show off their true personality And their photographer captured their natural, at-home authenticity.
From the photographer, Steph Grant Photography: Love and happiness just jump out of these images. The morning of their session, we made pancakes together & played music in their brand new home. I love raw and authentic images. Images that capture a couple in their actual life being comfortable & normal. I am really looking forward to knowing Kayla and Cassie even better, but from what I can tell these two will be lifelong friends. Meet Kayla & Cassie!
1. How long have you two been together?
We’ve been together 6 years!
2. Where did you first meet and what was your first thought about each other when you first saw each other?
We first met at Trudy’s Mexican restaurant in Austin.
Cassie: she was with a friend of mine from college- we ended up talking and laughing all night and I brought her out to my car to show her my new sound system (I thought that was really cool back then haha)… The band I put on happened to be her favorite band (copeland).
Kayla: first thoughts were… Who’s this lesbian and why does she want to take me to her car!
3. What do you think is the most important thing to make a long lasting, loving relationship successful?
Communication, communication, communication. Oh and date nights.
4. Tell us a little bit about where you guys are getting married and why you chose that location?
St. Thomas holds a special place in our hearts, it was our first real destination trip together, also where the next year we got engaged, and is definitely the most beautiful place we’ve ever been. With good restaurants!
5. What do you do for work? Kayla does visual merchandising for West Elm and I own an apartment locating company called Smart City Apartments! We’re both passionately obsessed with work just as much and were obsessed with each other
. 6. What is your guys’ wedding song?
Explosions in the Sky- Your Hand in Mine. No lyrics and everything musically amazing.
7. After you wedding is over and your friends talk about your wedding day …what do you hope they say?
Honestly if every single thing went wrong with the wedding, we would still be happy because we were in a beautiful place with everyone we care about. We hope that everyone would want to go back and do it all over again!!
Photographer: Steph Grant Photography
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- This Great Gatsby wedding in Walnut Grove, California, featured a casino speakeasy reception
- The queer Christmas story you’ve been waiting for
- Our lesbian love story: St. Pete Beach engagement with a proposal photographer
- Black and yellow poolside wedding in Palm Springs, California
- Home for the holidays anniversary photo shoot